You know your getting older on that bike

Yesterday ,my friend and I are ridding and we decide to try left hand and right hand turns and see who crashes first,,,,,not really, but we did try to make right and left hand turns by trying a shorter turning radius and what we found out---we could turn sharper to the left with more confidence then to the right-----turning to the right we were less confident in a tight turn and we are both right handed, but left turns we were more sure of ourselves,,,,we dont know why?? I think old men just do dumb stuff,,,we have earned it...lmao

yep, tight left turns are way easier than tight right ones (for us right handers). I think it starts that way as a kid riding bikes.

Hey, you are never too old to play around on your bikes! I'm right handed and right turns seem to be slightly more comfortable when really pushing it, but I try to practice left turns as well.

interesting, on all three of my bicycles, as well as both my motorcycles, I corner tighter and more confidently taking a right hand turn. Fast left hand turns still give me the heebyjeebies on the street.

Because it throws your throttle wrist up into the air and extends your arm out.

You feel as if you have less control over the throttle.

That could certainly be part of it, but I think it is a mental awareness of lane position and "space". When turning right, I can ride that inside line, and I have my entire lane width to drift outwards if I overcooked the corner. When taking a left hand, I have to make sure my head is inside that center line, so on a hard lean I have maybe only 2/3 of the lane to drift out.

Another point is on a hard left I saw my friend in front of me nearly get taken out by a truck who overcooked their corner and drifted into our lane. That is another issue that can't happen on a right hand turn (if oncoming traffic comes in to hot to a corner, they are in their own ditch).

Back