You know your a computer speed freak when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is nice. I only get 2.5 meg.

But really how much speed does one need if you down download and upload large files alot or use PTP programs?

This is even better...
LOL.gif

speed.png

I swear that my results are real and that I didn't tamper with the picture at all. That's the really strange part, because my Internet speed basically increased 500%+ a few days ago. I was getting 20d/2.7u on average and then something changed. My speed test results have been as high as 135 Mb/s! I don't know what is going on but Comcast has exponentially increased my connection speed. I am at a loss to explain why this has happened.

I know yours wasn't tampered with because I can see the image was sourced from speedtest.net I'm just funnin' with you is all!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: StevieC
This is even better...
LOL.gif

speed.png

Which part of Canada is 250 miles from Dallas?
LOL.gif

Darn, I knew I forgot something...
LOL.gif

My answer is Cuba! (Canadian Tourist Hot-Spot)

What could be causing this? Is there a logical explanation? I'm being serious here, this is really bizarre. Maybe I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but I can download entire movies in about 2-3 minutes now.

Originally Posted By: Lyondellic
What could be causing this? Is there a logical explanation? I'm being serious here, this is really bizarre. Maybe I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but I can download entire movies in about 2-3 minutes now.
Could be they are upgrading your network so that everyone gets the advertised speed all the time, or could be that they forgot to set the capping speeds in part of their system etc. I wouldn't worry about it, I would download all you can while you have it!
grin2.gif

I am NOT joking and would really like to know what is going on. Is anybody else experiencing this?

Originally Posted By: StevieC

OK?
LOL.gif

OK, OK... :)

Here's mine

509775712.png

Although in my case, the 15 Mbps is just temporary because of the burst feature. Within 20 seconds or so it comes back down to 12 Mbps.

Originally Posted By: Lyondellic
I am NOT joking and would really like to know what is going on. Is anybody else experiencing this?

That's some serious broadband you've got. What kind of modem do you have that can actually support such speed? And does it really have a gigabit ethernet port?

Yes, my Comcast speeds got much better about a month ago after they did some upgrades:

4 years ago, that would have been something like 2Mb/s down and 384k up..and I was paying roughly the same price for that speed.

I've never bothered to run a speed test at work..it's a bonded T1. That's for the network we pay extra for. The standard corporate one is filtered and proxied so there's no way a speed test would work.

It's funny that the network and equipment I have at home is better than the garbage that they have at work.

I'm happy with my 802.11g wireless connection which is one wall and ~15 ft away with a docsis 2.0 modem and wireless wrt54g2 router. Time for a "N" router and 3.0 modem.

Cable providers have speed boost, hence inaccurate speed tests. If you get too much download speed, your neighbors are still sleeping. Or, they are troubleshooting a network problem and the pipe is wide open for everyone. Or, you hacked the provisioning in your modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back