You Know You Spend Too Much Time on BITOG When....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are sitting in the McDonalds drive thru, and where the menu says "drinks: SM $1.09" you think, SM? Don't they have SN yet? And then....duh, oh, that means "small".
banana2.gif

John

While on the interstate or sitting in traffic, I find myself wondering what brand and weight of oils the cars around me are using.

It's the BITOG syndrome.

Originally Posted By: John_K
You are sitting in the McDonalds drive thru, and where the menu says "drinks: SM $1.09" you think, SM? Don't they have SN yet? And then....duh, oh, that means "small".
banana2.gif

John

That is freakin' hilarious!

...mine is when I'm in a gracery store, and I see jugs of oil, and I try to figure out if the oil is a better price than motor oil!

While walking down the street in your neighborhood, you notice an oil bottle in the trash. You reach down and pick it up to see what viscosity oil your neighbor is using. (You had already identified the brand by the color of the bottle.) LONG LIVE BITOG !--Oldtommy

When in any gas station or store that carries oil, you take a detour to that section and check out what they carry and the API rating to roughly determine age and see if anything is on clearance. Or you do this to simply pass the time while the girlfriend shops
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Scorch
When in any gas station or store that carries oil, you take a detour to that section and check out what they carry and the API rating to roughly determine age and see if anything is on clearance. Or you do this to simply pass the time while the girlfriend shops
wink.gif

AHAHAHHAH, SO TRUE!
grin.gif

When you have an internal struggle whether to take the easy route and buy the cheapest brand-named group II/II+ oil on sale and run it until the Honda Maintenance Minder tells you to change it or spend 3-5X more on a boutique oil and run it until you've reached the end of the second or third MM cycle (and then send out a sample just to make sure it's ok to do.) :sigh:

Last edited:
I had it so bad that at one point I was dumpster diving at auto parts stores for empty oil bottles to add to my collection of different brand bottles.

Anybody want to buy a oil bottle collection from about 5-7 years ago--cheap, like you pay the shipping and they are yours!
smile.gif

Once my wife sent me out to pick up something at the store and I drove 12 miles to get some more Maxlife Synthetic on clearance at an Autozone. Had to go that far to get an Autozone I hadn't cleaned out yet. She couldn't understand what took me so long.

When I make a Amsoil post at 5:00AM and I check back in 5 minutes to see if Pablo replied yet or not...

When you offer to change your friends and neighbors oil becouse you just enjoy it so stinking much !... when realatives visit and before they get there luggage in your house, you have there hood up.. before they leave your house they have recieved a 100pt inspection... your only on BITOG becouse your either at work or everyones asleep and theres nothing to work on..

...when you read the back of a multivitamin like centrum and see all the metals each pill contains and right away it feels like youre reading a VOA

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
My neighbor's license plate is POE; I smile every time I see it thinking he is a closet Redline user.

I've seen similar things and though along similar lines!

Originally Posted By: Smokefan1977
When im sitting in traffic and surfing BITOG from my Droid 2.....We need an App

The days I don't have watch I'm on my phone surfing BITOG.

While driving from Los Angeles up to the Sacramento area, thru the San Joaquin Valley farm land, and stop at every Chevron and Shell gas station looking for earlier versions of the current CJ-4/SM diesel oils. I find an old Chevron station with about 7 gals of CJ-4+ but they want $18/ gal. I counter offer the immigrant attendant with $12/ per gal and I'd buy all he has. He refuses and I leave dejected. On the way home I stop by and ask if he considered my previous offer. NO!

I eventually found a Shell station that always had 5-8 gals of CJ-4+ Rotella and always bought them out. Grin!

I am a NCO (Non Commissioned Officer) and one of my duties is to provide initial counseling to new soldiers who I am resposible for. So during the initial counseling I inquire as to what kind of car they have, what oil and filter they use, and the OCI. When I find out one of my subordinates has an orange Fram filter, I smoke the [censored] out of him (corrective discipline). HOORAH

When you see a car blow blue smoke and wonder if their oil level is o.k.

Or if you see, for instance, a BMW or a Mercedes and you wonder if they have synthetic in the crankcase.

Originally Posted By: Scorch
wink.gif

+1

When you get bored at home and you go look at/touch your oil stash just to pass time...
whistle.gif

When your wife heard someone mention synthetic oil and asks you what it is and why it's better (loved that one!)

When you see someone else looking at oil, you keep an eye on them to see what oil and filter they buy, then judge them in your mind and wonder if they know about BITOG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back