You know you live in a redneck town when...

Photo-shopped?
Nope. I took the pics myself. And @Indylan, it may be April 1st but I assure you it's not a joke. I've got a few other pics to go with that one. The interior of the station wagon was so full there was barely room for the driver. I'll post another pic here shortly.

As others have said, it is for hauling grain. That particular "hopper" or "gravity" wagon can hold about 300 bushels of corn. At 56 lbs to a bushel, it would be pushing 20k lbs when loaded.

I'll add that I own a smaller 150 bushel hopper wagon very similar to this. I pull it behind my GMC Envoy a couple times of year to the local grain elevator to get corn for the couple steers I raise. My last weigh ticket with 95 bushels was 11520 lbs gross, including the tow vehicle.

Here is another photo:
1617325727267.jpg

ROFL. and people wonder why the US doesn't have an autobahn.

C´mon, this rig mix well with other cars going 160 Mph. A little bit of Honking, some friendly gestures and a tiny little bit of our world famous calm german language and everything is fine.

And a emergency break from 100 MPH to Zero with this rig should be great fun. At least for others to watch..... At night.. the romantic heartwarming red glow of brake discs at night...the screams of the passengers....

Yup grain trailer.

All the sag in the back s from whats inside the rig - there is no tongue weight aside that of the bar not that thats any better its still way more than should be hitched up.
We call that a V-box in my neck of the woods. When I was on the farm as a teenager we would haul corn and beans in them.

I once saw a tandem axel 24 foot cabin cruiser towed behind a Chevette.

We also towed a 50 or 60 foot house trailer to the lake behind a 67 Chevrolet with 292 six or maybe 283, this was 50 years ago so I can not remember. Do remember the granny gear 4 speed. We towed at night on gravel roads to avoid the police. Had to stop every few miles to let it cool. Open hood and spray radiator with water from pump up sprayer. When we got to the lake the sun was just peaking over the horizon. Smell of brakes and clutch. Good times.

That old truck ran many more years.

Rod
I had a ‘64 C-20 (long ago) with a 283, bulldog 4 speed, step side bed, and possibly the world’s worst drum brakes-downshifting was about the only way to slow it down! And, yes, I grew up in a redneck town!

Cosmopolitan, leftist city.
Thinking I don’t live in that … but our small town cops - and county deputies are not going to tolerate what they consider a safety risk. That Tahoe/Explorer has a propped up laptop and they can grab code/standards PDQ …
Plus they like steady cash flow to help pay for the Taj Mahal they built a couple years back …

Back