You know its hot when.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermann

Site Donor 2023
You start your truck after sitting for 8 hours and it doesn't go into fast idle mode. Have never experienced this before. Started up the Taco and the idle sat right at 700 RPM's. It hit 100 degrees int he shade today. Heat index hit 120 in some parts of Metro KC today.

I love this type of weather! No cold starts!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: AdRock
I'll take really hot over really cold any day.

01.gif

I'm siding the garage in the heat and I still don't care. I love summer.

You know it's hot when the actual temperature you are working in is the heat index others complain about!
or
The day's low is higher than most peoples' high.

The high in my area today is 73f.

Originally Posted By: AdRock
I'll take really hot over really cold any day.

I dunno. I can cope with cold better then heat! After I start doing any kind of physical work when it's hot out, I get drenched with sweat. It starts dripping on my glasses. AHHHHHHHH, I hate it!

But I'll likely start [censored] once winter sets in again.

I went to college near KC and came to the conclusion it has some of the worst weather in the country. It can get very cold, snowy and icy in the winter. It can get very hot and humid in the summer. And the springtime is full of tornadoes. And I was there a couple Octobers ago and it was over 90 degrees.

Hang in there. There's a lot of summer left.

I'm with Drew. In the summer I'll take the winters. In the winters, summer doesn't sound so bad.

If I could find a place with 40 to 70-degree high temperatures year-round, I'd think about moving.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
The central California coast has pretty consistent nice weather.

55° F and fog on the north side of the building, 85° F and blazing sunshine on the south side right now.

We have an "As Seen on TV" store and I had purchased 3 of them and they kept breaking and they don't really work so I returned mine.

I had bought it because I work on the road all day and in the summer you get out of the car for even an hour and it's sweltering inside.

I'm a big guy in "Corporate" wear and so me and the heat don't get along 9-5/Mon-Fri.

Sorry I hope you don't have the same luck I did.
frown.gif

It's 8:30 PM and currently 92 degrees outside. High is 101 tomorrow. We haven't had a high of less than ninety degrees in 20+ days.

Oh, and I live right next to a lake, so it's particularly stifling.

Last edited:
Oh well. It was only $20 with shipping... I just figured I needed something with the overpowering "new car smell" that I get when leaving work in the afternoon..even with the windows cracked. I'll get a sunshade if I have to but don't really want to.

Originally Posted By: Warlord
I would certainly die in such heat. How are you supposed to exercise in that kind of weather?
We excercise by drinking Ice-Capps from Tim-Hortons
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back