You have no stash and someone gives you $25 for an OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the car and the person. For something old, Formula Shell and a Fram EG from Home Depot or ST from WM, whichever is closer.

ProDS 6qt box and ST filter, you keep the extra oil for top off and the left over money for a tall boy. Your friend gets a great oil change and a proven filter, everyone wins.

I'd go on rock auto and buy their filter for $1.32 plus $7 shipping. Then I'd buy myself some more filters from the same warehouse because I hate not having a stash.

Refill with $14 ST syn.

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
ProDS 6qt box and ST filter, you keep the extra oil for top off and the left over money for a tall boy. Your friend gets a great oil change and a proven filter, everyone wins.

You're a thinker! ðŸ‘...

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino

I consider a PBR or a Bud a non-negotiable during an oil change.

Supertech hm and a e core supertech filter e core filter and enough left over for some cheap beer

Last edited:
Havoline smart change 5w20 synthetic blend, Motorcraft fl500 filter, 40oz bottle of Budweiser, $.88 left including tax. Car holds 6q so no leftover oil. I have fumoto valve so no need for washer. Sounds like a good Saturday
lol.gif

I've not been a member long but I know these are the questions that this board longs for with only one unanimous answer. Walmart!

Originally Posted by D1dad
I've not been a member long but I know these are the questions that this board longs for with only one unanimous answer. Walmart!

Yup and people like me avoid Walmart at all costs.

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge
Originally Posted by D1dad

Yup and people like me avoid Walmart at all costs.

Well your sig says all I need to know about that statement.

How much do you like this person? If you really like her, buy the very best oil and a filter for the money. Probably Pennzoil Ultra (on sale at WM right now) and a Fram Ultra.
smile.gif

Edit: be sure to point out that you are giving her some "extra high quality" stuff.

Last edited:
I'd go to family farm and home and get (mag1).

The " Walmart oil" minus the Walmart label and then buy an oil filter that said the word Bosch and not the word Fram on it.. But that's just me.

I'd also buy the filter from menards and probably stand in line with contractors who work hard who are waiting behind an elderly lady who has a coupon for a large bottle of fabric softener who's waiting behind someone else who's buying 5 cases of water and 4 bottles of bbq sauce.

You're right I have no stash. I buy motor oil when I need it. It is on always on sale weekly somewhere. If anything it is getting cheaper.

This post is a great example why you don't need a stash.

Originally Posted by wdn
You're right I have no stash. I buy motor oil when I need it. It is on always on sale weekly somewhere. If anything it is getting cheaper.

This post is a great example why you don't need a stash.

Without a stash, I couldn't sleep at night.

I saw common nails go on sale for 50¢ a pound, so I bought 500 pounds, and now I can build 25 houses.

Originally Posted by wdn
I saw common nails go on sale for 50¢ a pound, so I bought 500 pounds, and now I can build 25 houses.

Right ON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back