You guys who pile the miles up weekly on your ride

Camry gets Supertech 5w-30 synthetic and a Supertech filter every 5k. 18k on rebuilt engine installed last November, due to oil burning defective pistons issue. I changed the oil after 500 miles on the engine, then it burned maybe half a quart over its first 5k change. Burns none now.

The shop I got the engine from said to use 5w-30 and not the 5w-20 recommended by Toyota.

Last edited:
At one point I commuted from Fairfield, CT to Worcester, MA 5 days per week for about a year. It was about 250 miles per day round trip or 1250 miles per week. I sold my Audi S5 and bought a 2014 Mazda3 with the 2.5 Skyactive when I figured out this commute was coming which called for 7500 miles OCI. Every 6 weeks I had an appointment at Firestone for a filter, oil change, and tire rotation - they used 0W-20 Kendall at the time. UOA were all great and the car now has 120K miles on it - I sold it to a family member so I'm still aware of how it's running and he said she still purrs like a kitty. He put's many fewer miles on the car so I suspect it will last him some time.

I still drive to Worcester but now it's 12 miles round trip...much happier now!

Last edited:
Back