You guys have ruined me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am from NC, but I am in GA on business. I just went down to the local AZ and bought 13 quarts of GC. They had 9 quarts of green and 4 quarts of gold. There were two quarts left that had the yellow label and said Made in the USA on the back. The guy asked, why don't you get the last two after I ask him to go in the back and see if there was any more. I explained everything to him and he said they never even sold any of it. It just sat there and collected dust. Green has M04097 and the gold has M05287. I am ruined now cause I know everywhere I go, I'll have to stop at AZ just to look and see. I have PP in my 04 Envoy now, but I do own two other vehicles, 97 Cherokee 4.0 and 2000 Civic LX. What deserves this nectar?

Danged. A Tar Heel dun robbed us GA boys of some of our GC. Stay in your own dang state!
wink.gif

Congrats on your find. And don't blame us for your lack of self control.
grin.gif

lol.gif
Sorry, but this is just funny.

You're just another victim as I stated in my 2nd to last point in the GC FAQ. Welcome to the club!

As for which car to use GC in, I don't know about the Envoy or Cherokee.

I PERSONALLY wouldn't put it in the Civic. Why?
I know many people here will disagree, but here goes:

Hondas last forever with just about any oil. I know too many people who change their oil every 10K-15K miles with plain dino
shocked.gif
- their cars are still running great!
I'm talking about people who have 125K+ miles on 2000s Civics/Accords and 200K+ miles on 90s Civics/Accords.

I'm not saying you should follow these habits. But, the trends generally suggest that Hondas are very robust and do not require the "nectar" to live long and well.

Sorry for not having any scientific proof on this. I admit, it's a lot of hearsay.
It's just my $0.02

Hopefully I didn't open the floodgates on this one.

EDIT:
Forgot to add, I'm under the assumption that tarboroheel1 has limited access to GC. Otherwise, I'd say try it in all the cars
grin.gif

[ May 08, 2006, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: FD777 ]

quote:

Originally posted by FD777:
Forgot to add, I'm under the assumption that tarboroheel1 has limited access to GC. Otherwise, I'd say try it in all the cars
grin.gif

Would you run it in the high mileage cars too? Civic has 125,000 miles and the Cherokee has 127,000.

I'd stick with whatever you've been using. But I'm sure you can try GC without any problems.

Btw, what oil are you using now?

At that many miles, some might recommend the Auto-RX treatment. I haven't tried it out myself though...

quote:

Originally posted by FD777:
I'd stick with whatever you've been using. But I'm sure you can try GC without any problems.

Btw, what oil are you using now?

At that many miles, some might recommend the Auto-RX treatment. I haven't tried it out myself though...

I'm doing an ARX treatment on both the Cherokee and the Civic right now. I'm almost ready to dump the ARX oil for the rinse cycle on the Civic now. The Civic runs like a top with perfect fuel economy, but it loves oil. It burns about 1 quart per 1000 miles. No leaks, no smoke, no signs of the oil burning except on the dipstick. I've changed the oil religiously on the Civic every 3000 miles with Mobil oil. Not Mobil 1, but regular Mobil which is now Mobil 5000 5w-30. The Cherokee doesn't burn a drop with 127,000 miles on it.

The Cherokee has been using Mobil High Mileage 10w-30 for a while now. Changed every 3000 miles. I don't know what I'll use after the ARX rince.

The plain old Havoline 10W30 is making my 96 run like a top with 121K on it.

BTW I used to go near Tarboro back when I was going to NCSU before you take I-40 from Wilmington to Raleigh.

While a student at NCSU, I used to live between Lizard Lick and Zebulon which are situated between Raleigh and Tarboro. I know that there are enough AutoZones around Raleigh and RockyMount that you do not need to be stealing GC from those GA boys. Do you have an AutoZone in Tarboro?

Dont put the GC in the Civic, good chance you will lose gas mileage.

It hurt my gas MPG when I tried it in a 1998 Civic EX and a 2001 Civic LX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back