You can't fix stupid

He knows enough about driving a stick to get it sideways and out of control. Inertia did the rest. Blame inertia.
He could have hit 1st gear instead of 3rd on a downshift and caused the car to go out of control. Crash damage doesn't look like he was going very fast.

Speaking of stupid, that reminds of this one Youtuber that kept complaining about how ford wouldn't give him an allotment for the new Ford GT even though he had the most watched Ford GT video on YouTube... The video was of him and a friend outrunning police swerving in and out of traffic on the interstate, and he still didn't get why Ford didn't want him as a brand ambassador... you can't fix that level of stupid.

He could have hit 1st gear instead of 3rd on a downshift and caused the car to go out of control. Crash damage doesn't look like he was going very fast.
He's EXCEPTIONALLY LUCKY he only hit a palm tree & didn't kill somebody! Imagine the size of the lawsuit! Daddy's ability to pay legal bills & a settlement would have been extremely tested... Around here they pretty much only drive like that if they have NO assets.

I have never driven a sports car but any manual I have driven you would know if you tried to shove it down to many gears. Even then you would have felt it before you let out all the way on the clutch.

I have never driven a sports car but any manual I have driven you would know if you tried to shove it down to many gears. Even then you would have felt it before you let out all the way on the clutch.
Depends how a person drives a manual - how much experience they have. If they down shift and let the clutch out really fast they may not catch it in time. May shock them, and not expect it or know what they did until it's too late.

The Internet is full of these "Idiot Driver" videos. You can quite literally watch them all day long. We've always had these people, it's just now with so many dashcams in use, along with phones everywhere, there are more recordings of it.

They all seem to catch most every Ford Mustang driver that employs the rule, "Never get on it unless you're going around a corner".

Back