You asked the wrrrooonnnnng person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Here is something scary: I overheard a mechanic for Canadian Tire telling someone that 5w30 means it's good for 5000km and 10w30 means it's good for 10,000km!
crazy.gif

wait.
wait

that isn't true????

i only had 1156km to go on this Kendall 10w30. be back in about an hour.

Quote:

Here is something scary: I overheard a mechanic for Canadian Tire telling someone that 5w30 means it's good for 5000km and 10w30 means it's good for 10,000km!
crazy.gif

I would take him over to the oil display and ask him why they are selling 0W30.

Quote:

I knew the best deal in the house wasn't at eye level.

Quite the pickup line! Oh, wait, you were talking about oil.

Quote:

blue eyes sparkling like a bubble of air trapped in VSOT

laugh.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Most of my girlfriends have been negligent pigs regarding the maintenance of some very expensive autos (Acuras, BMWs, Infinity, etc).

Of course toocrazy is now going to tell us where we can find our own GF's who drive Acuras, BMWs, and Infinitis...

But don't tell my Honda-driving wife :d

Oh, man, Brian, the area is crawling with em. If they have a job, they have one of those brands. Doesn't mean they have money, in fact, in most cases, the fancy badge on the car screams "No Money!". DC area is funny. High average income, but no real, fabulous wealth. Not knocking that but it's an interesting contrast.

And of course, we all probably know someone car-rich, cash poor. That's them.

Quote:

Quote:

Does BITOG do this to everyone?
crazy.gif
shocked.gif

Yes. Just wait.

Quote:

I said I did, probably too much

laugh.gif
crackmeup.gif

I was in Bi-Mart yesterday (a local NW chain store).

I was picking up some clearance Havoline, and this nice
elderly lady asked what kind of oil I thought would be
best for her car. She said that her husband was suffering
from Alzheimers and was unable to take care of the car
anymore. (sad)

I told her that the Havoline 5-30 would be just fine for her car, and it was on sale. She seemed appreciative of
my suggestion and chose the Havoline.

Later I met her again at the check out counter, and noticed
that she only had 3 qts. I asked her if she had enough to
change the oil, and she said that she only wanted to top
it off, and the 3 qts would just be enough.
smirk.gif

I encouraged her to check the dipstick so that she didn't
over fill, but she was insistant that it needed the entire
3 qts. (whatever)

Now the scary part! I was sitting in my car messing with a
few things, and I saw her walk out to the handicapped
parking and just kinda stand there with a blank look on her
face. She just stood there for a few minutes with a blank
look on her face.

Yea she lost her car! I helped her find it about 30 feet
from where she thought she had parked it.
smirk.gif

I think that she had a touch of Alzheimers too. (sad)

The question I have is:

1. How many people on this forum have 60+ bottles of fine oil stored?
2. How many of the SAME people have that much wine, like myself? Dr. Haas is probably one of them. I have to spend money on a hobby and I'd rather spend it on wine than oil. However, with AA running another BOGO on PP, perhaps a case of oil is my next splurge!

We are all an odd bunch. But it's the therapy we provide each other that gets us through the day.

Oil over wine.....I only have fine bottles of wine...all swill cabernets and shiraz's. Just a nice little kids are finally asleep escape....

Quote:

a woman with a jug of 10w30 semi-synthetic stops me and says "do you know anything about oil?"

Was she trying to strangle herself with her scarf by the time you were done...?
laugh.gif

Ya gotta admit... as least she ASKED someone, instead of just buying whatever looked good to her.

I had a similar experience as well. A lady needed help in the motor oil aisle. Her husband was in the hospital, and he told her that she needed to be sure that someone checked and added oil to the car, since he couldn't do it... she knew of someone who could check it for her, but she had no idea as to what oil to buy.
confused.gif

I dont even know where to begin with this one. But first, I think I'm going to puke.
puke.gif

Quote:

crazy.gif

puke.gif
puke.gif
bop.gif

Quote:

Ya gotta admit... as least she ASKED someone, instead of just buying whatever looked good to her.

I had a similar experience as well. A lady needed help in the motor oil aisle. Her husband was in the hospital, and he told her that she needed to be sure that someone checked and added oil to the car, since he couldn't do it... she knew of someone who could check it for hey t but she had no idea as to what oil to buy.
confused.gif

If I was incapacitated and in a coma, and my wife was *forced* to purchase motor oil? She would buy the oil in the prettiest bottle.

I'm serious.

Quote:

The question I have is:

1. How many people on this forum have 60+ bottles of fine oil stored?
2. How many of the SAME people have that much wine, like myself? Dr. Haas is probably one of them. I have to spend money on a hobby and I'd rather spend it on wine than oil. However, with AA running another BOGO on PP, perhaps a case of oil is my next splurge!

We are all an odd bunch. But it's the therapy we provide each other that gets us through the day.

No wine, but I just came to the realization that with an entire house filled full of stuff, my cloths, my cd collection and my oil stash (over 60 quarts GC, 60 quarts PP 5w-20 and 30 pre-katrina M1 5w-20) are the only things that are truly mine. I guess I'm all set...
cool.gif
banana.gif

Last time I was in Canadian Tire, a couple of young guys parked their Fiat X19 in the next row, and the huge cloud of blue smoke lasted long after they had entered the store.

As I headed to the checkout with my items, I passed them in the oil aisle, carrying a case each of that Nugold 88-cent-a-litre stuff.
I took a step back and said "Wow, that's a lot of oil - you must own a Fiat!"
....and left them open mouthed.
doc

Quote:

Last time I was in Canadian Tire, a couple of young guys parked their Fiat X19 in the next row, and the huge cloud of blue smoke lasted long after they had entered the store.

As I headed to the checkout with my items, I passed them in the oil aisle, carrying a case each of that Nugold 88-cent-a-litre stuff.
I took a step back and said "Wow, that's a lot of oil - you must own a Fiat!"
....and left them open mouthed.
doc

LOL, that's too funny!!
crackmeup.gif

If anyone ever asks me for help, I tell them to use the cheapest oil in the correct grade, and the cheapest filters they can find, and just keep it changed every 5k and make sure it stays full in between.

grin.gif

Gentlemen,
I've been to about a dozen countries, but somehow have never made it up to Canada, "The Great White North." Since I've been reading this website, I have heard bizarre story after story featuring the words "Canadian Tire." What sort of place is this? Do they actually do reapairs there, too? Or is it just an auto parts store like Napa, Advance Auto, Oreilly, etc.?

Anyway, I am resolved to making a point to take a vacation with my wife sometime in the next few years. I'm driving up there, and when I cross the border (if not apprehended or detained by the Dept. of Homeland Security), I'm defintely going to visit "Canadian Tire."

Motor Oil tourism? Only a BITOG reader would even consider it...

Regards,
Jett Rink
Bristol, TN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back