You are minding your own business in SF. Steve McQueen is dead. Then this happens...

Looks like a ‘71 because I was in the 11th grade when I first saw one parked at my high school. It was a bright yellow, and I recall thinking that looking out the rear window might be difficult. The styling wasn’t for me, but for some reason I remember it as though it was yesterday. ✌️

Everyone is missing the most important thing here, is that a Swensen's ice cream parlor? I haven't seen one of those in years. There was one in Goleta that we went to all the time, they had the best burgers. Dang it I'm hungry now.

Surprised it took to post 14, first reply on ADV would have been “pictures of hot chic”…

Terrible color for an early 70’s Mach I (clone) … not good wheels either…
Really? Because to me, that is the iconic color for a '71/'72 Mach 1 fastback. And the wheels are absolutely period correct. This is exactly how I remember seeing them when I was a young boy. When I was in 8th grade, one of the girl's gym coaches had a '71 Mach 1 fastback that looked very similar to that. Same medium green color. She would park it right outside the locker room entrances, and I got to see it every day when I came out of the locker room. Loved it! I still have a thing for that color of Mustang.

The same guy who drove the Charger in "Bullitt", also drove the Pontiac Grand Ville in "The 7UPS"... Bill Hickman. One of the best stunt drivers in the business. He also drove the Pontiac Le Mans in, "The French Connection".
all great films and car chases for sure - French Connection one was madness. Growing up as a teen in the French Connection years has caused me to watch that film over and over thru the years.

Everyone is missing the most important thing here, is that a Swensen's ice cream parlor? I haven't seen one of those in years. There was one in Goleta that we went to all the time, they had the best burgers. Dang it I'm hungry now.

That’s the original location and the last one in the United States. Even after franchising, that one was operated by the family of the original owner for years. I think it’s now on its third owner. It was never really part of the chain, but allowed to operate indefinitely by the current trademark owner. They don’t operate like any franchised locations. No extensive list of sundaes (just basic ones) and they’ve never had a grill. They were free to make their own flavors.

https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/3-questions-****-campana-swensen-s-ice-cream-3282186.php

As for the car, looks like NY plates.

all great films and car chases for sure - French Connection one was madness. Growing up as a teen in the French Connection years has caused me to watch that film over and over thru the years.
Me as well. Car chases were the rage back then. Today if a movie doesn't have tens of millions in special effects, no one wants to watch it.

This is an interesting piece with the director of, "The French Connection" William Friedkin. He talks about Bill Hickman's driving in the movie, along with how they filmed it. They actually paid off a transit worker to the tune of $40,000.00 to get use of the train.

He was then fired for it. They really didn't have proper authorization to do it. They just paid the guy off, and did it. Friedkin just died a few days ago.

Sorry, I have been living in SF for almost a decade and I have no idea what you are talking about. This looks pretty typical there.

Talking about dreaming, I saw a DeLoren in a Apple's parking lot once.

Sorry, I have been living in SF for almost a decade and I have no idea what you are talking about. This looks pretty typical there.

Talking about dreaming, I saw a DeLoren in a Apple's parking lot once.

The Swensen's location is very iconic, as that was the first one. Obviously the discussion is about the movie Bullitt, although I don't think that movie's famous chase sequence went by that intersection.

The Swensen's location is very iconic, as that was the first one. Obviously the discussion is about the movie Bullitt, although I don't think that movie's famous chase sequence went by that intersection.
Bullitt's apartment was located at 1153 Taylor Street. (The corner of Clay and Taylor).

Back