You are minding your own business in SF. Steve McQueen is dead. Then this happens...

Yes. Minding your own business, your 50th Birthday. You think, "Hey, it's December. SF is sunny, the chic next to me is a generation younger, hot, English may not be her first language, but she came with me voluntarily." Does life get better?" Those stars all align, but then, I argue, it gets even more improbable:

You here a weird howl behind you. You are walking down Union thinking, "No, that's a joke." Then as fast as you can turn around, suss the scene, and pull out your camera, they bottom out on the flat doing about 80. You begin to immediately to think, does America not suck? Did I just see that? Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

I really don't know the answers; looking for them. Respond and explain what you think happened. I still can't figure it out.

IMG-0199.jpg

I appreciate the sort of “stream of consciousness” but it’s hard to grasp since I wasn’t there.

That fastback doesn’t look like the original Bullitt, I don’t think…

I appreciate the sort of “stream of consciousness” but it’s hard to grasp since I wasn’t there.

That fastback doesn’t look like the original Bullitt, I don’t think…

I moved to the west coast from Vermont in 2002. It's been difficult to grasp for me ever since. :) Definitely not the original Bullitt - but you are in SF for like two days, and this happens? Fate? Coincidence? LARPing? Look at the store across the street (hint hint) - someone set this up.

Nope. The Bullitt Mustang is a 1968 Fastback 390. That photo is either a 1971 or 1972.

Granted, yes, but It's not "yes or no." It's the sheer unlikely improbability. I know it's not a '68, but the improbability of all this lining up is actually more UNLIKELY than me winning a $500 million lottery, I bet. (fair warning - I have actually taught statistics before, so I can do the math).

Swensen's didn't changed at all but noticed the added pedestrian paint "the Abbey Road" crosswalk.

san-francisco-usa-oct-1-600w-1692361165.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing happened.
It's your birthday.......you crossed paths with a chic (sic)....you saw a Mustang....then you asked if America doesn't suck.
Hey, it's your birthday. Partying 'til you're incoherent is a norm.

Spotting an out of year car means zippolla statistically. Had that 'Stang made a severe downhill lefthand turn past 3 parked Corvairs; a red one, a white one and a blue one, you'd have a marketable cosmic event, for sure.

What's the pertenance of Swensen's Ice Cream? Is that the building Steve McQueen's aopartment was in?

Granted, yes, but It's not "yes or no." It's the sheer unlikely improbability. I know it's not a '68, but the improbability of all this lining up is actually more UNLIKELY than me winning a $500 million lottery, I bet. (fair warning - I have actually taught statistics before, so I can do the math).
Pretty cool either way. McQueen did all his own driving for the movie. If a black 440 Charger was around you really should go but a lottery ticket.

Yes. Minding your own business, your 50th Birthday. You think, "Hey, it's December. SF is sunny, the chic next to me is a generation younger, hot, English may not be her first language, but she came with me voluntarily." Does life get better?" Those stars all align, but then, I argue, it gets even more improbable:

You here a weird howl behind you. You are walking down Union thinking, "No, that's a joke." Then as fast as you can turn around, suss the scene, and pull out your camera, they bottom out on the flat doing about 80. You begin to immediately to think, does America not suck? Did I just see that? Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

I really don't know the answers; looking for them. Respond and explain what you think happened. I still can't figure it out.

View attachment 130972
We need a pic of the hawt chickadee:D

IMO McQueen should have been driving the Charger R/T. IIRC The 440 had 375 hp compared to the 335 hp of the 390 stang as factory rated in 1968.

Bullitt was the one of best car chase back in the 70s. I remember as a kid the long lines of movie goers at the cinema upon it's release. And then there was the French Connection..Then a series of James Bond movies. To this date, the best car chase movie I've seen was the Bourne Supremacy.

Bonus points for the Full Metal Jacket reference.👍🏻👍🏻
LoL, I love Kubrik - and that one is just genious. Thanks.

So - cough - I’ve never actually seen Bullitt. Is it worth/aged well?

I watched “Shane” for the first time a week or so ago. Annoyed at the people at arfcom who convinced me to watch it - I thought it was a yawnfest and did not age well like people want to pretend. OK, two minutes of hate now if you want…

LoL, I love Kubrik - and that one is just genious. Thanks.

So - cough - I’ve never actually seen Bullitt. Is it worth/aged well?

I watched “Shane” for the first time a week or so ago. Annoyed at the people at arfcom who convinced me to watch it - I thought it was a yawnfest and did not age well like people want to pretend. OK, two minutes of hate now if you want…
You must watch it at least once.

Back