You are given any car you want, but must keep it, daily drive it, feed it and repair it.

Hard decision, but probably a Hyundai Palisade because it is warranted for 100,000 miles. It would give me comfort and the ability to haul stuff with decent gas mileage.

A very low mileage very clean 2016 Honda CR-V Touring with 17" Honda rims instead of the 18" because I want the extra rubber for absorbing bumps in the road, with added heating in the upper back seat drivers side, extra sound proofing, extra insulation in the doors to stop drafts, a custom added extra heater core squeezed into the center console with some large quiet muffin fans to blow on the feet of both front sides, in copper sunset pearl color. With 4 extra 17" rims with Blizzaks WS90 tires for the winter.

Basically the same vehicle I have now in the higher trim level touring version with a few additions I wand to add to the one I have.

One last addition would be replace the drivers seat with a Bose Suspension Truckers Seat with built in adjustable lumbar, and heating that covers the entire area from lumbar to neck, if that can fit in the vehicle and still be at about the same seat height and distance from the steering wheel mine now has.

Last edited:
1994 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer, 4x4, 4 door. Dark blue or green paint with Mocha tu tone and interior. Cloth seats, JBL stereo, saw blade wheels, fog lights, tow package, and keyless entry. Auto everything including hubs. If I had that in brand new condition, I'd be set for life.

I would drive this.

Attachments

• ford-bronco-raptor-rendering.jpg
    ford-bronco-raptor-rendering.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 3
I already did that....basically...

The W220 Mercedes is several hundred lbs lighter than the W221 and the W222 that followed it. It’s the best looking S-class in the last 30 years. It out performs its newer brethren

The M275 twin turbo V-12 is an incredible engine. Mountains of torque. Smoothness that has to be driven to be believed.

I feed it, maintain it, and drive it nearly every day.

A top of the line V-12 - driven and enjoyed every day.

The bill, including maintenance and fuel, isn’t small. But it’s worth it.

Lada 2106
As a caveat, I know that the OP asked what car a person would want, irrespective of the cost... And having said this, my response is slightly off-the-mark relative to the OP's question...

People poke fun at Lada's (i.e. the body style which originally was a Fiat 124 4-door)... and neither Lada's (nor Fiat's for that matter) were particularly well rust-proofed. And they were/are not aerodynamic or dashing. However, the underpinnings of the car was pretty decent. Independent frt suspension, wishbones. Four-link rear axle with a Panhard rod. And in Fiat guise - a pretty free-revving engine... be it the OHV 1400, or latterly the 1592cc DOHC. Also, knowing Fiat, I rather suspect that the steering was decent by way of road-feel (certainly was unassisted, and likely was a worm and roller arragement). I think in the end the Fiat 124 had four wheel disc brakes.

I have always wondered what that boxy Lada would drive like if it had a 1608cc or 1798cc or a 2 litre Fiat DOHC... with two 40IDF Weber carburetors and a Fiat 5 speed transmission... and other Fiat running gear (possibly, also, a ltd. slip differential). I would bet it would fit right-in.

If I had a profession other than what I do now that requires a truck I would go for a 1969 Dodge Daytona.

A Mercedes G Wagon. It would be a very practical daily driver. Excellent for winter conditions. Ride height would make it easy to get in and out of. It would be an excellent choice for occasional off road jaunts at Southern Utah sites such as Moab. As off road capable as a Land Rover, but much, much more dependable. As luxurious of an interior as an S class. Mercedes maintenance is much easier than most other European luxury cars. And maintenance is much less expensive than say an Audi or a Porsche.

Timeless design. Unlike many other cars that age quickly, it will look just as awesome in 30 years as it does today. It would still be putting a grin on my face every time I drive it, for many, many years.

As a caveat, I know that the OP asked what car a person would want, irrespective of the cost... And having said this, my response is slightly off-the-mark relative to the OP's question...

People poke fun at Lada's (i.e. the body style which originally was a Fiat 124 4-door)... and neither Lada's (nor Fiat's for that matter) were particularly well rust-proofed. And they were/are not aerodynamic or dashing. However, the underpinnings of the car was pretty decent. Independent frt suspension, wishbones. Four-link rear axle with a Panhard rod. And in Fiat guise - a pretty free-revving engine... be it the OHV 1400, or latterly the 1592cc DOHC. Also, knowing Fiat, I rather suspect that the steering was decent by way of road-feel (certainly was unassisted, and likely was a worm and roller arragement). I think in the end the Fiat 124 had four wheel disc brakes.

I have always wondered what that boxy Lada would drive like if it had a 1608cc or 1798cc or a 2 litre Fiat DOHC... with two 40IDF Weber carburetors and a Fiat 5 speed transmission... and other Fiat running gear (possibly, also, a ltd. slip differential). I would bet it would fit right-in.
they don’t actually drive that bad for what they are. my uncle in belarus had a wagon and it could take all the abuse you could ever imagine. there’s a youtube channel that does nothing but torture old ladas

2000-2006 Chevy Tahoe/GMC Yukon. Otherwise a vehicle I already own (84 Cutlass) but I have to park it every winter because I want it to be around forever and have to keep the rust a bay, so hard to drive it 87% of the time. Right now it gets driven about 60% of the time (spring, summer fall) not including my work hours driving my 2005 GM 1500 truck.

Thats your 87% car that you maintain fuel insure and repair?
Awesome - but not even street legal.
Might get a little fussy in traffic.
Well, I do love extreme performance cars. I find them intoxicating. By the way, I get to drive Ferrari, BMW and Merc supercars, and the McLaren F1, which is also among my very favorite cars.

Well, I do love extreme performance cars. I find them intoxicating. By the way, I get to drive Ferrari, BMW and Merc supercars, and the McLaren F1, which is also among my very favorite cars.

I do as well.

II have access to 2 exotic benzes - a V12 twin turbo AMG and the black NA (6 liter?) AMG sedan everyone loves.
The boss lives full time in hawaii, and I run em for him every moth or so, and the engineers at my company have some nice rides, vetted, Bimmers, I get an occasional drive, lots of rides (they push their cars harder than I would borrowing them) and am super privileged in this regard.

If I had to pick one supercar I could own the rest of my life it'd probably be an F1 - it was the last of the no nanny supercars.

But if I had to drive them everyday and cover the costs myself of such I wouldn't have any of them.

Last edited:
Back