Yokohama Geolanders

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just managed to get 90k miles on some Geolander H/T-S tires on the wife's Toyota RAV4 (well, 89.6k, to be exact). I was shocked, considering how poorly the tires had been treated, having been often ran low on pressure, and having been balanced and rotated only about every 20k miles.

Liking mine on my 01 Tacoma PreRunner. Came down to them or the General Grabbers. Yoko's had a rebate (now too) at DT, used the DTD price with no tax to get the DT price match.

But 90k is excellent. Based on what I've read here about the treadwear of the Grabbers, glad I chose the Geo. H/T-S.

Something to think about if you live in a desert climate is that Michelin & BF Goodrich are the only tire companies that have a 6 year sun damage warranty, according to the Discount Tire Dealership. The other manufacturers only have 3, or less year sun damage warranties.

I'm glad to hear about the good experiences you are having with the Yokohama's, though. That's good information. Thanks.

Joe F.

I put them on our Pilot back in January. I love them! Did good in the light snow/slush, very smooth and quiet on the highway too!

Based upon the previous tires on the RAV, I expected to get about 45k miles on them. Getting double that was a big bonus.

I also had Discount mount some take-offs I had in the garage on the Z-28. I figured at 41k miles and coming up on 10 years, it was time to replace them because of cracking, even though they had enough tread for another 200 miles or so.
crackmeup2.gif
Maybe I can get the BITOG award for stretching to get the most out of tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back