Yokohama AVS db S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried these tires or had any experiences with these?
I'm considering them after months of research for a set of tires 225/60/16 size.
the car is a 97 4.6L T-bird, I do mostly average sort of driving, with very rare bursts of sporty/aggressive driving..
My concern is good dry/wet traction, OK snow traction, good comfortable/quiet ride.
I'm looking for somthing under 100$ per tire. (the yokos are $90 on tirerack, temp/traction AA, and is W speed rated)

Anyone have any suggsetions?

I had a pair of the original Yokohama AVS db tires on my 97 GTP and I liked them a lot. Very good in the rain, very quiet (true to their name) and I got real good 60ft times at the dragstrip with them (2.04 best, which is very good for a supercharged V6 front drive car!) I never got the chance to try them in snow though, I traded that car for my Formula before the winter hit that year.

I have a client who has them on his Audi A6 Quattro 4.2. He has told me that they are extremely quiet and have great wet grip. Yokohama does make great tires in general. Actually, this tire is a canidate for replacement on my Wife's VW Golf after the GY Eagle LSs wear out. The only thing that concerns me is thier longevity.

[ November 22, 2003, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Volkster ]

Thanks for all the feedback, since they're all positive, I'm a little closer to deciding for good on this tire; for $90 s tire, I think it's an ok deal....I'll wait for some more responses and if they're also positive, I'll get those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back