Yokohama Avid TRZ 205-55-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone running these tires? Any comments? I'm still looking for a tire for Southern California (no weater) for my wife's long commutes. Those high performance tires are just too expensive but I want something with good braking and wear.

I'm thinking of getting them at Discount Tire. There is a $50 rebate. And they have an 80k mileage guarantee. Thanks for the info. And, what's snow? I live in San Diego.

I know someone who just bought the Avid TRZ for his 99 Maxima.

I just bought Yokohama Avid H4S (60K rated) at blowout prices for my 95 Maxima SE.

The TRZ are T-rated and the H4S are H-rated. I opted for the H-rated tires for performance reasons as my car has a sports (ie stiffer) suspension, is a 5-speed and I like to get out and play once in a while.

I suspect the TRZ would be just fine for highway driving.

The wife has these on her Honda CRV. Currently 10,000 miles with extremely very little wear (fronts=10/32"). Dry and wet traction is very good. Only gripe is excessive noise between 5-45mph, especially for a touring tire. Next tires will be Avid Tourings (sans TRZ).

Thanks, Pablo, I'll take a look at them. There sure are a lot of choices out there, some good and some not so good. That makes feedback worth listening to. The TRZ's have an 80k tread warranty. I wonder if anyone has ever driven a set that far.

LarryL, based on the extremely minimal wear at 10,000 miles on wife's car, this is definitely attainable.

On the contrary, if you are sick of them, you may have to wait a very long time to "justify" replacing them with something different.

Razl, that is a thought, but it's my wife's car and if they are noisy or ride terrible, I'll just tell her that's normal.

Now, is that very nice?

lol.gif
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back