Yokohama ADVAN Sport A/S+ 245/50-18 100W Ultra High Performance All-Season Tire

I am considering putting some Yokohama's on my 2019 Buick Sportback. I have always ran Michelins, but they are so expensive and I only drive about 10,000 miles a year, mostly highway , I am not sure they are worth the extra money. I want comfort and quiet. They have good ratings and reviews at tire rack in these categories. Some real world info from the guys at Bobs' would be great. Thanks Roger

A set of these looks real nice on a Buick;

1620400608171.jpg

I am considering putting some Yokohama's on my 2019 Buick Sportback. I have always ran Michelins, but they are so expensive and I only drive about 10,000 miles a year, mostly highway , I am not sure they are worth the extra money. I want comfort and quiet. They have good ratings and reviews at tire rack in these categories. Some real world info from the guys at Bobs' would be great. Thanks Roger
Per CR Yokohama had the biggest drop in performance as used. Regardless that you drive 10K a year, tires will age. DO not get me wrong, Yokohama is OK, I run Advan Apex on track, but as a daily tire that has to get me through several years, always Michelin or Continental.

Being an Ultra High Performance All Season, this will have stiffer sidewalls for cornering performance and steering feel, at the expense of ride, and will sacrifice tread life for grip.

Do you really want to give up tread life and ride for more traction and cornering performance in a Buick?

A Yokohama Grand Touring tire would probably be more appropriate for the type of use you’re describing.

How important is winter/snow performance? :unsure:

A performance all-season won't be the quietest tire.
You will usually get less noise from a touring tire, such as the Bridgestone Quiettrack, Goodyear Comfortdrive, Michelin Primacy Tour, and yes, the Cooper CS5 Ultra and RT43. Yokohama's touring all-season is the Avid Ascend GT

Maybe you can even find those tires with the foam in them in your size :D

If you don't care about winter/snow performance and/or use separate tires for winter, consider a grand touring summer tire such as:
Continental PremiumContact
Michelin Primacy 3 or 4
Goodyear EfficientGrip
Bridgestone T005

A set of these looks real nice on a Buick;

View attachment 56383

I knew someone would mention the RT43 :sneaky:

I have Continental PureContact LS on my Regal wagon. They are quite and smooth, with pretty good traction all around. They are wearing pretty well too with pretty good handling. I suspect they may actually last the warranty. My stock tires were Continental ProContact TX and these were a big improvement.

Being an Ultra High Performance All Season, this will have stiffer sidewalls for cornering performance and steering feel, at the expense of ride, and will sacrifice tread life for grip.

Do you really want to give up tread life and ride for more traction and cornering performance in a Buick?

A Yokohama Grand Touring tire would probably be more appropriate for the type of use you’re describing.
You are right. These ones are on sale, but the Yokohama Grand Touring is a better fit. Thanks

Back