Yet another handy use for zip ties...

1685410483604.jpg

One of the funniest things I ever saw related to zip ties happened on the train one day. One afternoon on the way home from work, I notice a woman go into the rest room with a huge cup of soda. I was immediately skeeved that she brought a drink into the nasty RR restroom. Anyway she was in there long enough that I forgot about her. Some guy walks up and knocks on the door and she yells from inside OCCUPADO in a really obnoxious tone. A second guy jumps up and says she does this every day! She goes in there and shoots up!
With that, the chick inside keeps saying things to rile them up. The first guy walks off and returns a few seconds later to two huge zip ties. He zip tied the door closed and left. I'm standing there shaking my head but also laughing to myself. Another guy who was standing nearby said this isn't funny and tried to remove them but as we all know, you aren't doing that without tools. He looks at my knife on my pants pocket and asked to borrow it. I said I'm not giving you my knife. I knew it wasn't safe for her to be locked in there but we were only two stops from the end of the line and I'm sure she was staying put til the train got to the end.
I applaud that guy for his creative solution.

Thanks for posting. I now have evil ideas. I'm the guy who carries tools & supplies in his trunk everywhere I go; Impact wrench, air compressor, jack & stands, spare oil & fluids, vise grips, 100 lb rated zip ties....

Thanks for posting. I now have evil ideas. I'm the guy who carries tools & supplies in his trunk everywhere I go; Impact wrench, air compressor, jack & stands, spare oil & fluids, vise grips, 100 lb rated zip ties....
Okay, but whatever it is, it didn't happen - unless you have pictures (and not AI generated!)

Okay, but whatever it is, it didn't happen - unless you have pictures (and not AI generated!)
I'm stalking.....and now I have 200 lb. rated zip ties. BTW, for purposes of my work, I have with me at all times a Canon sx740hs digital camera w/20.3mp 4K. Evil lurking. Defender of handicap parking spots etc.

Back