yet another GC question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using GC, the "green stuff", in the daily drivers for a couple years now with great results and nice UOA's. I really like how it quieted down the somewhat thrashy Mazda motor. On both cars, I cannot tell the difference in motor noise after an oil change, which tells me (as does the UOA) the viscosity is super stable.

From reading the board it looks like the formula has changed? is it still the same stuff? If it's changed: what is comparable?
Cars:
2002 Protege5 2.0 120k
2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 45k
location: Dallas. Coldest is around 20f (rare) though 30's are common in winter. Hot (HOT) is common too!

GC has not been green for a while. You realize there is a huge GC FAQ in the Euro Oils forum? The answers are there.

Last edited:
yeah just found it
blush.gif
Reading now. Looking for a good replacement.

Originally Posted By: Acroy
yeah just found it
blush.gif
Reading now. Looking for a good replacement.

Why do you want to replace GC?

Is the Thick 30 simply not thick enough for your application?

The more i think about it, the more a Thick 30 may be better for engines than a 40.

Don't change from GC just because it isn't green anymore. Gold GC is still German and, although different, still produces excellent UOAs and has the same basic properties (shear stable, high HTHS for it's 100C viscosity, long OCIs etc...) as green GC.

thanks guys - upon further reading, I realized I shoulda done the further reading first
33.gif

I cleaned out the local Autozones of the Gold GC last night.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'm happy to stick with the gold GC based on it's continued excellence.
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back