Yet another attempt at Top Gear America....

Status
Not open for further replies.
18.gif

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/top-gear-motortrend-bbc-studios-1203185477/amp/
Basically a new deal between the BBC and motortrend.
New eps will premier on mtod, then later on the network.

Also brings the Top Gear back catalog, from Clarkson to LeBlanc, to MTOD, and the network (series 2-25)

Last edited:
Without Clarkson, Hammond and May; Top Gear just isn't the same. I enjoy the Grand Tour, but due to format changes it isn't the same either. At least it's entertaining.

While I won't watch any of the "new" Top Gear, I do enjoy The Grand Tour and I look forward to watching the back catalog on MTOD. Some of the old episodes are downright timeless.

Originally Posted by RamFan
Without Clarkson, Hammond and May; Top Gear just isn't the same. I enjoy the Grand Tour, but due to format changes it isn't the same either. At least it's entertaining.

This is the answer and there aren't any other good answers.

Any of these beats watching the Housewives of ..... shows my wife likes.

So while they may not be Clarkson, Hammond and May, I'd probably prefer it to other offerings out there.

There is room enough in the TV universe for more shows. But C,H and M did set the standard.

However, I think they are getting more annoyed with one another as the years progress.

An additional thought, I always thought TG America was at its best when it wasn't trying to be an Americanized version of TG UK. Since I'd already seen Clarkson, Hammond and May do it, I didn't really need an Americanized rehash.

Do something that was uniquely American.

But it seems those who make TV don't want to stray too far from the original when they launch one of these things in the US.

Just my opinion.

Originally Posted by javacontour
However, I think they are getting more annoyed with one another as the years progress.

I think that's only expected, considering they are getting older and H and M have both done a fair amount of work with other productions.

Will be a sad day when they retire.

So while they may not be Clarkson, Hammond and May, I'd probably prefer it to other offerings out there.

Any of these beats watching the Housewives of ..... shows my wife likes.
I'm lucky, my wife likes (and laughs out loud) at the original TG and also TGT.

I read on reddit i believe that next years The Grand Tour is supposed to be all adventures..which if so will be one of the best seasons yet.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy

I think that's only expected, considering they are getting older and H and M have both done a fair amount of work with other productions.

getting older?
Hamster is 49(Dec19,1969)
Capt.Slow is 56 (Jan 16,1963)
The Orangutan is 58 (April 11,1960), okay, 59 tomorrow...

Well, if you ask my kids, yes older
smile.gif

People who were born in 2003 when May joined the second series of the revived Top Gear will be able to drive this year, so yeah, older.

I embrace my 50 somethingness.

Originally Posted by earlyre

getting older?
Hamster is 49(Dec19,1969)
Capt.Slow is 56 (Jan 16,1963)
The Orangutan is 58 (April 11,1960), okay, 59 tomorrow...

Well, if you ask my kids, yes older
smile.gif

People who were born in 2003 when May joined the second series of the revived Top Gear will be able to drive this year, so yeah, older.

I embrace my 50 somethingness.

Hey, I'm only 39...(don't hit 40 until the end of August..)

My older brother is 2 years older than Hammond, and just using him(my brother) as a metric, you'd think Clarkson and May were in their 70's.... must be all that "clean living" they've done....

or to give you another metric to compare against, 'Ol "Tricky Ricky" Richard Rawlings of Gas monkey Fame, is roughly 9 mos Older than Hammond.(March 30,1969)

Last edited:
Well, that discussion didn't need to go on long. I'm watching the SERIES finale of TGT, as luck would have it, right now and Jeremy teared up at the end of the show and the guys announced it was the last. 17 years together was enough. What a true bummer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back