Yesterday was Sky Maint. day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bluestream
I wouldn't expect you would see many problems with only 30K. As for the actuator, I think by law companies have to make parts for at least 10 years.

My 91 BMW still has all parts still available according to local part Mgr.

I owned a 1975 '02 from 2008 up to last September, and I was able to get almost every part I needed from my local BMW dealer.

Switch and actuator could be a nice bench project... see if you can repair... stupid question but do the mirrors have seperate fuses?? My mirror failure was the switch not the actuator... keep us up to speed...

Originally Posted By: MCompact
Originally Posted By: Bluestream
I wouldn't expect you would see many problems with only 30K. As for the actuator, I think by law companies have to make parts for at least 10 years.

My 91 BMW still has all parts still available according to local part Mgr.

I owned a 1975 '02 from 2008 up to last September, and I was able to get almost every part I needed from my local BMW dealer.

That's because BMW Actually cares about their customers...Ford and GM just giving you the finger

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
BMW makes much higher quality cars than any American manufacturer....

And the consumer generally pays quite a bit more for that higher quality. Nothing wrong with that trade off, many people would rather buy cheaper up front, and they get what they pay for.

If BMW was offering much higher quality for the same price, that would be a big issue then

So, you don't use a jack stand to support the car at all?

You trust 4 hydraulic jacks?

I have never had a problem with a hydraulic jack failing but I just feel better about jack stands under a car I am working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back