Yep, off-topic. Perhaps humorous. Maybe Not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen this sorta' thing posted for awhile. Some random snippets from various pages of the Curry Coastal Pilot on-line edition of their newspaper.

For general info AND.... these are from PUBLIC records. Only a very few copied here... the ones I thought the funniest, in my old coot opinion ye young whippersnappers.

From the crime logs found here:

http://www.currypilot.com/news/section.cfm?cid=11

All the below are quotes from several different pages:

Police Log Published Saturday, Dec. 2, 2006

Animal complaint, 3:08 p.m.: Police received a report of a golden retriever and a Rotweiller hanging around the Exxon station. Perhaps they wanted dog biscuits?

Theft, 1:22 p.m.: Someone stole something in the 1600 block of Highway 101 North.

Hit and run, 2:36 p.m.: Someone hit a car and didn't stick around to exchange information at Chetco Avenue and Center Street.

Hit and run, 4:32 p.m.: Ditto, but this time in the 300 block of Fifth Street.

Found property, 9:15 p.m.: Where it was lost or what was lost was not reported, but it was found in the 200 block Del Norte Lane.

Sheriff's Log Published Saturday, Dec. 2, 2006

DUII, 2:25 a.m.: Thomas Munyon was given a citation for operating a motor vehicle on Lower Harbor Road while under the influence of intoxicants. He was released to a sober relative.

Police Log Published Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2006

Water problem, 7:01 a.m.: It brought new meaning to the 200 block of Marine Drive.

Fire, 1:24 p.m.: A hot time was reported in the 00100 block Laurence Lane.

Bike-skateboard complaint, 1:53 p.m.: A 14-year-old juvenile was criticized for his riding style in the 700 block of Third Street.

Bike-skateboard complaint, 7:39 p.m.: This time it was a 14-year-old in the 700 block of Chetco Avenue.

Dead Cat, 5:58 a.m.: Its ninth life was lost in the 600 block of Chetco Avenue.

Suspicious conditions, 10:19 p.m.: Something strange happened in the 600 block of Chetco Avenue.

There's more. Sure wish our lame anal-retentive uber-conservative worthless user-unfriendly propaganda-disseminating worthless elite-owned local newspaper would liven things up a bit and have at least a wee bit of fun when reporting the news.

Last week I was traveling and read a small town police blotter that talked about "petite theft". I guess somebody stole just a tiny bit.

We listen to the weather on NOAA radio, which now uses a text-to-voice conversion system for creating the broadcasts. Weather people have a rather droll sense of humor, or maybe they just aren't able to get away with much, but they do occasionally manage to slip a double entendere into the script, especially now that there is no human announcer to call them on it.

My favorite was during a severe marine weather alert when we were cautioned "don't put your dinghy in the water.....".

Obbop, that's great. Appreciate your sense of humor.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back