YB flows better then RP at -35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I reading that right Pennzoil YB flows better that RP in the 5w30 at -35

lower numbers are better right

Last edited:
Really? That's crazy
shocked2.gif

What does pour pt mean? Apparently it means it will move x distance in y time. But x and y could be scary if we knew the values.

Mobil 5000 10w40 has a pour pt of -33degF.

Did my slosh test on a qt of Mobil 5000 10w40 the other day (24 hours in a freezer at (approx.) -12degF) - took it out of the freezer - shook it has hard as I could - might as well been shaking a brick. No discernable movement of the fluid at all.

(Same as my result with M1 HM 10w30 - pour pt -54degC)

Last edited:
that must be a misprint. rp is probably 14,800 yb is good stuff though, i'm not sure how any other oil company can survive with PZ in the oil business.

If you are looking at the D-4684 Pumping Viscosities, they are graduated to lower temps with the thinner oil.

MC 10w40 and its Kendall bro have a ppt of -39C and a pumping cold pump of 6K at -30. Not bad at all for a mineral 10w40. Makes me think twice about spending money on syn in the Speed6.

RP is designed primarily as a high-performance oil, that will be used in higher temps. Doesn't seem like they've focused on the cold-weather properties of this oil.

That said, the 5W-40 and new 0W-40 grades seem to have decent cold-temp numbers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back