Yahoo screw-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

I accidently hit "Get Yahoo for Mobil" on yahoo.com page.

Now anytime I try to get yahoo.com it puts an "m." in front of yahoo.com and the page format is screwed up.

Somehow every time it sees "Yahoo" it puts "m.yahoo".com in front. It circumvents every attempt to get rid of it.

my.yahoo.com is not affected. No other pages are but if I try to go anywhere from m.yahoo.com the format is jacked up.

I have Chrome if I use Firefox I am OK.

There is probably another link to go back to the non-mobile site. If you can't find that, then clearing your cookies should most likely do it. Or at least your yahoo.com cookies.

robert

Originally Posted By: Ibrahim
try clearing ur cache and also if u can go into options and change the settings!

Doesn't work. I cleared everything

Originally Posted By: robertcope
There is probably another link to go back to the non-mobile site. If you can't find that, then clearing your cookies should most likely do it. Or at least your yahoo.com cookies.

Like I said..cleared everything. And no linkss to go back..hard to believe.

If ou have the nerve go to Yahoo.com and select "Get yahoo for Mobil" on the right side of the page.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Does it do this on all of your computers and all web browsers? If so the solution is to change the settings in your yahoo account. I have no idea how to do this, since I haven't used yahoo in like ten years.

If the change doesn't follow you, it's a cookie that needs to be cleared.

I dont even have an option for that on the page.. its probably something with your login.

Gotta love technology, sometimes you just have to shake your head and admit defeat. I would also try ccleaner. Been using it for years, it always deletes stuff that IE doesnt when I clear everything.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
Gotta love technology, sometimes you just have to shake your head and admit defeat.

This

Originally Posted By: robertcope

robert

My wife had that problem with her credit union. No matter what I looked at/reset/cleared out/re-did/etc., she absolutely could not connect to her credit union's website with IE without it automatically forwarding her to the mobile version. She ended up having to use Firefox for her online banking.

One of those things I wish I could fix just to know what the heck caused it.

Originally Posted By: Al
I accidently hit "Get Yahoo for Mobil" on yahoo.com page.

Now anytime I try to get yahoo.com it puts an "m." in front of yahoo.com and the page format is screwed up.

Somehow every time it sees "Yahoo" it puts "m.yahoo".com in front. It circumvents every attempt to get rid of it.

my.yahoo.com is not affected. No other pages are but if I try to go anywhere from m.yahoo.com the format is jacked up.

I have Chrome if I use Firefox I am OK.

Yype in this url ... www. yahoo.com/?m=1
Scroll down to the bottom of that www. yahoo.com/?m=1 page and click on More Services.
When the page loads up, click on Yahoo on the top right corner.
See if that works.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

Yype in this url ... www. yahoo.com/?m=1
Scroll down to the bottom of that www. yahoo.com/?m=1 page and click on More Services.
When the page loads up, click on Yahoo on the top right corner.
See if that works.

WoHo..YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't even need to go to the bottom of the page. It just came up right the first time. Well..correction when I did what you said it got rid of the "?m=1"

Next time I pick an argument with you...tell me to "shut the &%$*# up" and remind me of this.

Thanks again.
cheers3.gif
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Kinda OT, but i hate Yahoo's newest mail version:
frown.gif

it has been making FF 7 crash many times in the last few days:
sometimes when hitting the 'reply' or 'attachment' button, sometimes when simply scrolling...

Restarting FF7 didn't help at all...i was able to replicate the problem many times. Then i would just switch to 'old' yahoo classic or whatever and everything works fine, and then when i switch back to New Yahoo, sometimes it works ok for a day or 2, then same [censored] starts again...

Really fed up with it.
(Using Ubuntu 10.10 and FF7)

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Kinda OT, but i hate Yahoo's newest mail version:
frown.gif

Really fed up with it.
(Using Ubuntu 10.10 and FF7)

I'm right with you.

Its major suck.

I still have Yahoo (ymail), but hardly ever use it anymore, due to all the recent bugs.

About 2-3 weeks ago, I changed my primary email provider to gmail.com.

Everything in the TripleSe7en mail room seems to be operating normal again.
Thanks Google!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back