Yahoo Mail Pro

Has been slow as all get out for 3 weeks.
Nothing else is slow but it- requires constant refreshes and not on Adblock.
I wonder if *running* an ad-blocker might speed things up. Slow-downs can be caused by a lot of factors but a site having to retrieve ads and scripts from a variety of 3rd-party sources, some of which might be the slowness culprit, is my first look. I would strongly suggest using the uBlock Origin browser addon for script and ad blocking.

Otherwise I'd start with the usual suspect: Clear the browser cache. You might also want to try it from a different browser and possibly the mobile app to ensure that it is not, in fact, the actual service at fault.

ProtonMail is the best. Safe, secure. spam and add free and servers are hosted in Switzerland.
No one there will sell your email so you're not flooded with BS and junk.

Since end users have the encryption key, protonmail "can't sell your email" because they cannot even see it.

As I have said in the past, I value that and am willing to pay for that level of security.

Your encrypted data is not accessible to us​

ProtonMail's zero access architecture means that your data is encrypted in a way that makes it inaccessible to us. Data is encrypted on the client side using an encryption key that we do not have access to. This means we don't have the technical ability to decrypt your messages, and as a result, we are unable to hand your data over to third parties. With ProtonMail, privacy isn't just a promise, it is mathematically ensured. For this reason, we are also unable to do data recovery. If you forget your password, we cannot recover your data.

I wonder if *running* an ad-blocker might speed things up. Slow-downs can be caused by a lot of factors but a site having to retrieve ads and scripts from a variety of 3rd-party sources, some of which might be the slowness culprit, is my first look. I would strongly suggest using the uBlock Origin browser addon for script and ad blocking.

Otherwise I'd start with the usual suspect: Clear the browser cache. You might also want to try it from a different browser and possibly the mobile app to ensure that it is not, in fact, the actual service at fault.
It is the service- downloaded an app and checked it on other browsers. hang up city,,, thanks!

I've been using Proton for about two years now and the free 500MB storage is sufficient for me so far.
I mostly use it with my banking, investment, online purchases, utilities and other sensitive accounts.
If I'll need more I'll eventually upgrade to next paid tier which I wouldn't mind at all.
It's less then $5 a month for 5GB storage.
I still use Gmail for other unimportant stuff.
Not once in those 2+ years I received any unwanted email.

Last edited:
It is the service- downloaded an app and checked it on other browsers. hang up city,,, thanks!
OK, so now we've identified your home (presuming you're at home) is experiencing some SNAFU when trying to communicate with Yahoo Mail's servers. Since there've been no widespread reports or complaints about Yahoo Mail's performance we may have to assume that Yahoo Mail itself may not necessarily be the fault. My first guesses - and we're now into "guessing" territory, here - are that there is some problem with your router (having cached something?), your DNS provider (which is almost certainly provided by your Internet Service Provider) and possibly something odd at your ISP.

The latter would be beyond your control and is least likely. You can test the former two by trying to access Yahoo Mail with your mobile app on someone else's WiFi (or by turning WiFi off on your device and using cellular data if your device supports it); and also by changing your (Domain Name System) DNS provider at home. You can change your DNS provider very easily and very temporarily at the browser level, the operating system level and at the router level. Easiest would be to set your browser to use a globally-accepted standard for DNS performance like Cloudflare (1.1.1.1), Google (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) or OpenDNS (208.67. 222.222. and 208.67. 220.220). If you're comfortable doing so, just Google how to change DNS server for [YOUR BROWSER AND VERSION]. Or you can let us know what your browser + version and OS + version are here and I can return some specific instructions. You can test 'er out and return your DNS to default very easily.

EDIT: And I'd still try uBlock Origin FIRST. Yahoo Mail - which worked fine for you before and now doesn't - may be trying to load some new ads or tracking scripts or heaven-knows-what that are taking forever to load.

Last edited:
The yahoo pro also allows email client app access to the account. Download Mozilla Thunderbird and problem solved. If using browser get ad blocker plugins you can tailor to your needs. Firefox has a lot of different blocker plugins with good reviews.

Back