XJR15 Injectors.

This has been a very strange day, I got 12 injectors for a V12 Jag last week and was told it has not run in 30 years and the injectors need to be original as possible.
So I got them free and cleaned them without even so much as disturbing the original paint. I was talking to the guy doing the work on the car and he told me it came from Germany through a broker and is super rare.

I remember seeing one and checking it out, it was for sale at that time and I took pictures of it. It turns out this is the same car. So now I have the injectors for the car I was ogling in 2006.

Germany Pictures 085_edited-1.jpg

Germany Pictures 075_edited-1.jpg

Germany Pictures 084_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:
What are the odds Trav?... That's awesome touching part of that car so many years later.

The injector condition makes me think that the car was put away properly.

Reactions: JC1
If you would have asked me last week I would have said impossible. He told me the car has 56 original miles on the clock and the last fuel in it was racing gas. These are the injectors, I just need to oil them and wipe them down and ship them back.
To be honest I was a bit nervous doing these from a car worth as much as this one is.

IMG_0635 - Copy.JPG

neat piece of equipment for sure. basically a roadgoing group c car, held back by the ancient V12. the later racing cars and the XJ220 ditched it for the rally Metro V6, which was certainly the right choice even if it pissed off all their customers.

This has been a very strange day, I got 12 injectors for a V12 Jag last week and was told it has not run in 30 years and the injectors need to be original as possible.
So I got them free and cleaned them without even so much as disturbing the original paint. I was talking to the guy doing the work on the car and he told me it came from Germany through a broker and is super rare.

I remember seeing one and checking it out, it was for sale at that time and I took pictures of it. It turns out this is the same car. So now I have the injectors for the car I was ogling in 2006.

View attachment 57522

View attachment 57523

View attachment 57524

Wow.

Back