XD-3 0W-30 in Alberta and Saskatoon area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuk

Since XD-3 is cheaper the more you buy, are there any Bitogers in Alberta and Saskatoon ( I go to Saskabush a couple of times a year, and my next trip is due soon.) that would want to take part in a group buy of 0W-30?

canada.gif

Buying in Saskatchewan will automatically put a 7% drag on your purchases just in tax alone compared to Alberta.

Pretty hard to overcome that.

quote:

Originally posted by pitzel:
Buying in Saskatchewan will automatically put a 7% drag on your purchases just in tax alone compared to Alberta.

Pretty hard to overcome that.

I work out of Edmonton, but still live in Saskatoon. I find that alot of things are cheaper in Saskatoon, even with the 7% tax. Mind you I am more familiar with Saskatoon, and know where to get the best price for alot of stuff.

The best place in town to get Esso oil is the Bulk dealer on Faithful, just north of 51st.

Carl

Yuk, are you talking about massive bulk in 100's of litres, in talking to Esso bulk rep, the $3.71 per litre price is pretty much same if you need 12 litre flat for a 92 cummins like mine or if your buying (6) 20 litre pails for numerous diesels on the farm. Massive volume may bring price down, I will run it by the bulk dealer next time I need another oil fix.

Cyprs

quote:

If we buy in Edmonton and ship to Saskatoon than the 7% tax won't be an issue.

quote:

It'sust under $22 for 4L. at Wally's -- what's your price????

Wally's price is $22 for a jug of 0W-40. If we buy 20 x 4L jugs of 0W-40 the bulk price will be $4.44/L + GST and enviro tax, or $17.76/jug.

Jugs of 0W-30 will be less, but I don't have a price yet.

I know you guys are talking about XD3, but the 0w30 I use most of the time is the UFA Polar Plus 0w30. The 0w30 and 40 come in 5L jugs and are 21.45 and 23.79 respectivly. It is my impression that the ufa product is packaged by esso but........

The specs arn't listed on line - hafta go to the store or the fuel dealer to get the book. in Edmonton the bulk dealer is on the yellowhead between 66th and 50th.

JD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back