X-1R Engine Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used this in the late-90's and early 2k's, here's the MSDS: http://www.envirofuelplus.com/assets/docs/EMP_MSDS_June_2005.pdf. Tried it once in my 3.8L GM engine, didn't notice any changes, engine was still running fine at 179,000 miles when I hit a deer. Used in both 1.9L engines in my 1994 Mercury Tracer, once in each engine. Both engines failed while driving, never did an auto-psy. I bought the car used, initially is used 10W-30 dino, over time I went to 5W-20 synthetic in both engines. Haven't used X-1R since.

I don't see this product anywhere, but then I rarely go to Wally World anymore (don't worry, my wife gives them plenty of business). Anyone tried X-1R?

I remember that stuff. Heck, I may have even used it. Did it come in a very small bottle?

It is the space-technology-derived additive, the MSDS did list chlorinated paraffin. Funny, the link worked last night, I just tried it and a dead end. So I step-by-stepped in the X-1R web site and copied this from the MSDS (it didn't format properly).

INGREDIENT
CAS NO.
EXPOSURE LIMITES

Stabilized Chlorinated Paraffin
63449-39-8
Not Established

Proprietary aliphatic Ester
125537-14-6
Not Established

Proprietary Ester
19321-40-5
Not Established

Barium Petroleum Sulfonate
61790-48-5
Not Established

Mixture of alkylated diphenyl-amines
68921-45-9
Not Established

Where I work we have to chemical permit everything (hot, high pressure stainless steel piping and neutrons) so I'm used to hunting down MSDS's.

A good friend of mine has used the 2-stroke addititve from them and swears it revitalized his old outboard and made it run like a scalded dog. Are the chlorinated paraffins a bad thing in 2 strokes, too? I'm guessing it's not so good long-term for storage, etc.-needle bearings and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back