WTH keeps opening all the GC at the Loganville, GA AZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

All GC comes that way....the caps have all been opened. It is the same no matter where you go. It is a known issue.....thanks for the wasted space.

Between Tennessee, Virginia, and Kentucky I don't recall ever coming across an opened bottle of GC Green.

Opened? No.

All the caps are loose and the oil leaks all over the place? Yes.

Almost every quart of green I have needed at least a half turn of the top to be tight.

Just to be clear, I was trying to be humorous.

But when I say opened, I mean opened, plastic ring no longer attached to the cap sort of I had to see if it was green opened.

Leave my oil alone!

boone88rr,

Agree, all the way.

BlueWorld wrote: "I was trying to be humorous."

I thought that you succeeded on your first post. I posted because I could not support Coop's position.

Of the 8 Autozones around my house - I've only seen one quart of GC opened. Unfortunately it was a GC Green quart. I just let that sit and purchased the other 4.
frown.gif
Whoever opened up that one must have thought it was gold... or just wanted "proof" it was green.
tongue.gif
frown.gif

When one of the Zoners rang up my purchase he commented that given the price, it must be gold. He looked a me in disbelief when I told him: "No, it’s green." I had to assure him that it really was green. He asked if he could open one to look. The look on his face was priceless.
shocked.gif

And no I didn't leave it behind. I just tightened the cap more.
Maybe someone else didn't believe the story, and had to see for themselves.
Terry

quote:

Originally posted by boone88rr:
Opened? No.

All the caps are loose and the oil leaks all over the place? Yes.

Almost every quart of green I have needed at least a half turn of the top to be tight.

This is what I was trying to say.

Is it time to send out the Elvish Special Forces?...I have to warn you, it might get.........interesting.

IMO, it isn't BITOG members opening the bottles for a look. WE have date codes. WE have pictures. WE know more about the oil, and if an elf left the line for 30 seconds to make a phone call to mama, than perhaps even Castrol does. More than likely, posting over at "www.i'm a selfish high school brat with rich parents and a beemer" might get someone to stop opening the bottles. Or maybe not. All 50 of my caps are and were tight.

I think it may be folks like me. Who know enough about GC to respect it but haven't got the date codes down. I hit a goldmine at my AZ and came very close to opening to validate. I resisted, though... My patience was rewarded when I scored 44 bottles of Penz and M1 synth at the next store for $2 each.

But I was VERY tempted to open the GC!

Originally posted by BlueWorld:
Just to be clear, I was trying to be humorous.

But when I say opened, I mean opened, plastic ring no longer attached to the cap sort of I had to see if it was green opened.

Leave my oil alone!
[/QUOTE

grin.gif
Take you GC over to Kellie's Home Cooking, and place it on the table, and have a conversation with it. I'm sure the locals will be somewhat entertained.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back