Wrangler JK manual trans fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
My nephew has a 2012 Wrangler JK with the manual trans. He was looking for a recommendation for a fluid replacement. Royal purple and Mopar both have a syn fluid that lists for his application but they are both in the $20 per quart range. The trans is fussy on certain shifts (which I am told is typical of this model ?) He is not afraid to spend the extra money on the RP but he wants to make sure its worth the $$$$

Redline MTL and never look back. The tranny will shift smooth and easy. It is the miracle drug of the stick shift world
smile.gif

Its probably the synchromsh fluid mine takes. If so the Royal Purple oil is the best. It makes its shifting the smoothest and I have tried them all. The oe fluid is the worst.

It is a Synchromesh type fluid. Chrysler spec is MS-9224, anything that says it meets this spec will be an acceptable replacement. I don't think the Royal Purple lists this spec, so I wouldn't use it.

I'd personally use Amsoil's Synchromesh fluid.

MTF.jpg

If you want something a bit cheaper, Pennzoil Synchromesh is an acceptable fluid.

Pennzoil-Synchromesh-Manual_950x1000.jpeg

Accord V6 manuals had a 3rd gear crunch that was helped by AC Delco FM(friction modified) mtf. Just make sure you get the FM stuff. A tsb from Honda recommended using this fluid. The Redline mtf was considered average in comparison per reports on the Accord forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back