WPS Office

I have looked at quite a few MS Office alternatives over the years. At this point I only keep LibreOffice & OpenOffice on my laptop. They do have fairly good product support when I have a question. And they are free, and LibreOffice has very good support for MS Office files.

What does this program you refer to have, that LibreOffice doesn't--apart from a corporate base in China?

Has anybody tried the free WPS Office Suite as a replacement for M$ Office?
Did I read this correctly that you have to watch an ad every time you want to print something? No thanks.

Try Libreoffice. It's free, open source, and no ads. It'll read MS files too.
OpenOffice is another choice.

Try Libreoffice. It's free, open source, and no ads. It'll read MS files too.
OpenOffice is another choice.
Same code base. LibreOffice was forked from OpenOffice when Oracle bought OpenOffice and has received a LOT more development over the ensuing years. No point in using or even thinking about both: LibreOffice has essentially replaced OpenOffice.

For many purposes, that is true. I have found that OpenOffice is more stable and less buggy. But I have to admit that I have used LO a lot more over the years.

Same code base. LibreOffice was forked from OpenOffice when Oracle bought OpenOffice and has received a LOT more development over the ensuing years. No point in using or even thinking about both: LibreOffice has essentially replaced OpenOffice.

Back