Wow...stupid gun accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
workmate had a nephew injured on the weekend, spotlight shooting from a 4WD utility.

Pretty common for people to be standing in the tray, and shooting over the roof...Scope height, barrel height, and creases across the roof aren't uncommon.

workmate's nephew was sitting in the car, and the bullet splintered as it was split by the roof sheet metal...

shards in head, neck, and hands...minor surgery, very very lucky.

Very lucky indeed.

Generally, incidents like this are a self-correcting behavior; likely those involved are not going to do that again.

It's very hard to learn all of life's lessons oneself. It's best to learn from the experience of others.

Originally Posted By: Mr_Joe
It's very hard to learn all of life's lessons oneself. It's best to learn from the experience of others.

Learning from the experience of others is the very essence of living well, in my opinion.

Unfortunately about half the population is below average. Their actions and activities provided for hundreds of thousands of guns to be stolen, countless injuries and deaths, and it really puts a bad name for anyone who is a responsible gun owner.

Could have fallen off a horse if horse riding. Stuff happens and the only way stuff will never happen is if you never do stuff.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
workmate had a nephew injured on the weekend, spotlight shooting from a 4WD utility.

Pretty common for people to be standing in the tray, and shooting over the roof...Scope height, barrel height, and creases across the roof aren't uncommon.

workmate's nephew was sitting in the car, and the bullet splintered as it was split by the roof sheet metal...

shards in head, neck, and hands...minor surgery, very very lucky.

Do you have to yell really loud, when engaging that workmate in conversations these days?

Years ago, I had my hunting blackpowder muzzleloader in the vehicle during my lunch and seen a deer cross the road. You want to always keep the powder dry with muzzleloaders, so on this particular day, it was lightly raining, so I placed it in the vehicle with me and my peanut butter sandwiches.

The exploding sound after squeezing that trigger left a ring in my ears for weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back