Wow! SpaceX Nails Rocket Landing At Sea Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Competition is good. Space X is the second to land a rocket and is also working on a heavy version but first test flight doesn't look to be until late this year. They are a long way from fulfilling all capability (I saw one figure as capable of launching 60% of flights). But still anything less than 100% and they are a long way from eliminating ULA.

I said that NASA and USAF should have bidding contest for every launch from now on to qualified bidders. I didn't say all new contracts should given to Space-X for any reason.

ULA is clearly need to restructure their organization to compete squarely with Space-X and possibly new arrivals such as Blue-Origin ... They had a monopoly in space flight for over 10 years, it is over and that's why they are going to lay off 25% of their workforce.

Did the rocket actually land on the barge ? Some think that it didn't and it was a fake video. These are some samples of comments on that video

http://www.space.com/32811-spacex-rocket-landing-jcsat-14-launch.html

Originally Posted By: Truth Seeker
I see no landing at that time frame. I did see a fake landing at 29:30

Originally Posted By: Truth Seeker
Any one with the power of common sense can see it was fake

Originally Posted By: NatureHacker
cause they do the same thing every-time. The landings are fake

Originally Posted By: James Ashford
Looks like it's fake

the jokes on anyone who believes SpaceFX is real

SpaceFX is an amazing con job

Originally Posted By: Smith
The landing is fake

Another fake landing from SpaceFX. This time they didn't even bother to animate it. Just a couple cutscenes and go out for pizza.

Well when your selection quotes the same guy multiple times you are just showing the internet is just an echochamber of who yells the loudest, and one guy+a few followers who chime in can outshout the discussion.

Think for yourself or question the source and expertise of the speaker. If you're bringing this up also to just make fun of how silly the tinfoil hat folks are,thats also pointless and drags you down to the same level as the trollast

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
I'll say one thing: That was one incredibly quick and precise landing. If they really did it, then that truly is some amazing work.

For about a second or two there was bright white light then the rocket showed up on the barge. This makes someone doubt that the rocket was actually landed that night on that barge.

If there was a video few hundreds feet away captured the landing then it would be hard to dispute.

SpaceX released a video with 3 different camera angles. The second landing angle was broadcasted live, the 1st and 3rd angles showed the landing clearer.

Thumbs up to the people of SpaceX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back