Wow- Has Costco increased the Kirkland oil in-store??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked their website and it's $33 for for the two 5-quart jugs now. I stocked up over a year ago when it was $22 on sale. I've depleted my supply pretty hard and I'm looking for the next sale to stock up.

Still, at $33/10 quarts, it's a steal. This oil has been working great in my Toyotas and I will keep using it. My Tundra is using FAR less of the Kirkland oil than Mobil 1.

$33 is the regular price to have it shipped from the website. It's ~$5 cheaper to pick it up in store, depending on your area.

Prices went up $3 for the 2/5 quart around the start of this year.

Kirkland Signature, Amazon Basics FS, Supertech 10k FS, and Mag1 are all the exact same oil from the same blender

Last edited:
It came out at $24.99 then went on sale for $21.99 then went up to $26.99 and has now settled at $27.99 with no sales since it showed up on the shelves. I was hoping this would be my go to (no rebate to mess with) oil but at that price I will dive back into playing the rebate game. I am retired, I have time for these types of things.

It came out at $24.99 then went on sale for $21.99 then went up to $26.99 and has now settled at $27.99 with no sales since it showed up on the shelves. I was hoping this would be my go to (no rebate to mess with) oil but at that price I will dive back into playing the rebate game. I am retired, I have time for these types of things.
Still a better deal at $28 than 2 jugs of Supertech at $17 for the exact same oil.

It's called INFLATION. Get used to it.

To counter that, I recently took a position that increased my salary by 40%, refinanced my house w/ a 15-yr mortgage, paid off ALL my debt (outside of a mortgage), and lowered my car and home owner insurance costs by switching after 35-years. My new home owners insurance policy saved my family enough to pay for EARTHQUAKE insurance coverage -- something we've never had before (we suffered a M7.0 two years ago here; thankfully no damage). Sometimes a sanity check is in-order.

I can hold off another year or two before having to buy a new car or truck. I'll be looking to replace my oil-burning 2013 AWD Equinox with 161,000 miles on it. My Silverado with 200,000 miles on it is going nowhere.

Last edited:
It's called INFLATION. Get used to it.

To counter that, I recently took a position that increased my salary by 40%, refinanced my house w/ a 15-yr mortgage, paid off ALL my debt (outside of a mortgage), and lowered my car and home owner insurance costs by switching after 35-years. Sometimes a sanity check is in-order.

I can hold off another year or two before having to buy a new car or truck. I'll be looking to replace my oil-burning 2013 Equinox with 161,000 miles on it. My Silverado with 200,000 miles on it is going nowhere.
Only suckers think that inflation is natural. Do you seriously believe that these price hikes across every type of product is normal?

I just checked their website and it's $33 for for the two 5-quart jugs now. I stocked up over a year ago when it was $22 on sale. I've depleted my supply pretty hard and I'm looking for the next sale to stock up.

Still, at $33/10 quarts, it's a steal. This oil has been working great in my Toyotas and I will keep using it. My Tundra is using FAR less of the Kirkland oil than Mobil 1.
Its $32.99 in Boise Idaho. Was $27.99 3 months ago

Ha! The Taco Bell in my small town died up and blew away! Good riddance! Our peeps weren't ready for that one, and for good reasons!

Caused too much indigestion and gas of the wrong kind. :D
Around here it's called "Taco Smell" :eek: for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back