Wounded Warrior Foundation Execs Fired...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
If you want to help, do it face to face. There are lots of ways to help from giving a ride, buying an airplane ticket and picking up a hotel bill or a meal. A handshake and a thank you for your service helps, too.

This.

I'm glad to hear the execs were fired, but this isn't anything new. It happens a lot. One that stands out in my mind is the Breast Cancer foundation lawsuits. One was suing another over something having to do with their name and I wonder where all the lawyer money was coming from...

I did some research years ago on 'non profits' and came away with a bad taste. I think the best thing is to bypass all that and get your $ directly to the need. Maybe something like a physical therapist who works with with disabled and knows where the funds are most needed. Funnel them there in cash and don't worry about the charitable tax deduction.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
the entire non profit system, including televangelists and mega churches are farces. sure those were two small examples, but it wont stop the real problem.

That simply isn't true. There are a number of outstanding non-profit organizations. People just need to do a little homework and make wise choices.

This is why I have completely given up on charities...they're almost all crooked, and it isn't worth the effort anymore to separate the jewels from the cesspool. My giveadamn is busted.

We have a big charity in Canada I used to give to till I learned that the head of that charity was taking about $500,000 a year as pay.

I gave USO money through Sean Hannity once and it opened the barn door for mega charities calling me up. Most were like police, firemen, sheriff's organisations. I am gonna' say at least 6+ organisations. I still get calls from them 8 years later. And still give mail.

You have to realise that when you donate to a charity your name many times will be sold...sad. About the only way you can give anonymously is dropping money into a salvation army bucket and hope the ringer doesn't skim it. Sad.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
They didn't get fired for what they did but got fired for the bad publicity. The Board knows about these things as they are the ones setting the road map.

That's a very good point.

I currently support Wounded Warriors on the monthly program but have been on the fence as to whether to continue. It is very disheartening to learn that money meant for these brave vets is not getting to them in the way we donors had hoped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back