Would you use this oil filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently picked up a 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R and would like to change the oil. I have my oil picked out and ordered an oil filter.

The oil filter I chose is made by Emgo. After UPS delivered the filter, I opened the box to take a look. The paper seems to be very "fiber-like"?

I took some pictures so you guys can have a look.

My question is...would you use this oil filter? I do not want to cause harm to my new motorcycle for using an inferior $6 part. Or am I being paranoid and this will work just fine?

Thanks for your input!

j6u4qp.jpg

1zd5eac.jpg

142hi5i.jpg

That's very typical of this type of filter. My Honda CBX uses the exact same filter and I buy them from Honda. They look exactly as yours. My Honda filter is Hecho in Japan but this Emgo is likely a Taiwan product. Are they equal? Probably.

I've never used an emgo but I've never heard of them being bad and they make several oem filters. I've always used honda or k&n the k&n is made by hiflofiltro but has a nut welded to the end so they charge double. I would run any of these without worry including the emgo.

I've used Emgo in the past and never had issues.
But that is also true about the F-EG (OCOD) ...
People sweat the nano-stuff here.

Originally Posted By: lancerplayer
The paper seems to be very "fiber-like"?

My question is...would you use this oil filter? I do not want to cause harm to my new motorcycle for using an inferior $6 part. Or am I being paranoid and this will work just fine?

So... what did you think the filter media should look like? Why are you assuming something's wrong here?

these guys are claiming traps down to 10 micron? What do the K&N bike filters capture down to?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Skanky
these guys are claiming traps down to 10 micron? What do the K&N bike filters capture down to?

Every filter "traps down to 10 microns" to some degree. It's the degree it does it to that matters.

Originally Posted By: Skanky

K&N does not post technical data somehow
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back