Would you use it?

Wow! Good fact-based scientific information. It's good to know that this vehicle is disposable and could sling a part through the block for no apparent reason! I think I'm going to sell it and buy something better. Please tell me. What should I buy? I would definitely prefer something that isn't disposable or will fling a part through the block.
Thanks, but I think you should just stick with warranties. Buying older cars is not for everyone.

If this guys head gasket blows and he doesn't have an oil change receipt, but changes his own oil, they are not going to deny warranty work.

This thread is like watching an episode of Scare Tactics.
Sorry I should have been more specific maybe in saying a oil lubricated part failure, but not to suggest the oil had caused it.

Say it spins a main bearing for some reason I would personally be surprised if the manufacturer did not require the dealer to record and provide the service documentation to back up the warranty claim. The dealer provides warranty support and repair to the customer but will follow a claims process to recover the cost of repair from the manufacturer, a manufacturer can decline payment if terms are not followed by the dealer.

Sorry I should have been more specific maybe in saying a oil lubricated part failure, but not to suggest the oil had caused it.

Say it spins a main bearing for some reason I would personally be surprised if the manufacturer did not require the dealer to record and provide the service documentation to back up the warranty claim. The dealer provides warranty support and repair to the customer but will follow a claims process to recover the cost of repair from the manufacturer, a manufacturer can decline payment if terms are not followed by the dealer.
Ahh, Das wunderbar German automotiv warranty experience.

Bitte legen Sie Ihre Unterlagen vor ?
Deine Papiere sind nicht in Ordnung !

Thanks, but I think you should just stick with warranties. Buying older cars is not for everyone.
Ok. Thanks for looking out for me. As a 60 year old machinist that has done most all of his own maintenance and repairs on dozens of his own vehicles over the last 40 some years that wouldn't be for me.

Ford oil comes from Ford's oil wells and GM oil comes from GM's oil wells let that solve any questions,,, but then we need to learn to read the labels? What does the Container of oil have for its ratings / requirements ?

I had to license Mobil 1 for my new Pentastar - procedure was:
1.) remove cap 2.) remove foil seal 3.) pour

I doubt there is a significant difference in the “big 3” oil specs that are the same SAE/API oil … but I tend to default to Dexos because it is decent and visible to the consumer

Bottle labeling may not say dexos and physical product just may meet dexos requirements. I’m on the board with new vehicle under warranty I keep all receipts of oil and filters purchased for performing my oil changes. I’d sleep more sound knowing the proper oil went in.

I guess he's never compared SP and d1G2 Specs?
You would compare D1G2 to IILSAC GF6A. They are close and these are minimum standards that most all synthetic
would easily exceed. like the "6X better wear protection than Industry standards"
or "4x the sludge protection than industry standards" that you see on the oil containers.

I am running Dexos oil in my Ford but it didnt seem to save it. The timing chain is making noise like it is
chewing through the front cover, and the engine has lost its cylinder balance and power.

So Dexos is NO panacea to the ills of fuel dilution and poor quality gasoline. Not that I would expect it to be.

I guess it is very simple.
I've always changed the oil in my 2017 Chevy Colorado with Mobil 1.
I have never kept a receipt for the oil.
Nor have I kept oil receipts for any of the other 10 or more GM's that I have owned that were under warranty.
I guess I would have lost any warranty claim if I ever had one even though I used the recommended oil.
You're not going to have an oil related warranty claim in the first place, so don't worry and be happy.

Back