Would you pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"My only drawback is that they limit me to 120 miles per day."

Tell them you plan to spend more than 45 mins on the highway each day....
35.gif

If its on your bucket list go for it. Life is too short to pinch pennies. My grandfather saved his whole life and cut out things he wanted to experience before he died in the name of saving. He died a well off bitter old man. You cant put a price on happiness. As far as their mileage limit, just drive however much you feel and shrug your shoulders when they point it out and say "Oh well" and walk away LOL.

Midlife crisis? If you have the cash do it! If you have to charge it and pay it off monthly then you can't afford it.

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
If it was on my bucket list, and I had budgeted the necessary monies for it, I would do it.

We only have one life to live.

+1000

It's only a few miles. Pay whatever it takes and enjoy yourself. It's a great idea, wish I could afford to do the same.

FWIW there's at least one "dream car rental" place in Las Vegas... and lots of desert highway.

There's even a legal road rally once in a while where they shut the road to regular traffic.

You only live in corporeal form once. It's always nicer to look back at what you got to do instead of looking back at what you gave up and never got around to.

Originally Posted By: FowVay
My only drawback is that they limit me to 120 miles per day.
What do you think?

I think that would only be about 50 minutes of driving for me.....
20.gif

In the US there are racing schools for $1000 to $2500 per day where you can drive various vehicles on a closed track. Have you looked into that?

tony,

Yep, the Porsche driving school is in Birmingham at Barber Motorsports Park. Great facility and track but that's not the same as driving it in Germany on their roads & their track.

Just for kicks...if you do rent the Porsche..stop at a local mechanic and have them change the oil out to a 0w20. Take a Blackstone Kit with you and get a sample at the end of the week..then post it on here. Then write off the whole trip off on your 1040 as "Bitog Research".

That is if the engine doesn't blow.
13.gif

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
how much for extra miles????

Who cares??

You have got to go for it.

You only get one chance at life!!!!!

I have gotten a better price from Avis for the Porsche. They're $1995 but with the same 200 Km limit per day. The over limit fee is €1 per Km. That's about $1,40 per .62 miles or 3 bucks per mile. That is just too high.

I think I'm going to alter my plans and just keep the car in Bavaria and enjoy the mountains a bit.

I'll add to the post when I return. However, before I go I get to spend one day at Road Atlanta watching the petite LeMans race. What a way to set to the mood!

If i had the money,id buy the 911 turbo,its an incredible car.
You only live once.
55.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back