Would you do this?

DR1

I have a 2008 Nissan Titan with 146K miles on her. 99% of the time I drive very little in town driving. I will occasionally go visit my parents and I will drive interstate speeds for approx 30 miles and then get off the interstate and drive more in town driving reaching speeds from 0-55mph for another 30 miles until I reach my parents house. 120 mile round trip.

On early Christmas morning I will be driving to their house and I want to put fuel system cleaner in my truck before getting gas to make my drive. I have on hand one new bottle of Red Line (60103) Complete SI-1 Fuel System Cleaner - Gas and Injector Additive Treatment - 15 Oz Bottle (AND) one new bottle of Royal Purple Max Atomizer Fuel Injector Cleaner - 6 oz Part # RPO 18000.

I was thinking about pouring in both full bottles in 10 gallons of gas from WAWA.

Would you do this??????????

Attachments

• redline.jpg
    redline.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 16
  • royal.jpg
    royal.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 16
No.

What is the cost of the additive, and how many miles would you get had you bought that much gasoline instead?

No, I wouldn't add both together either. Use one or the other at their recommended dosage. That's how they've designed/formulated their products.

Also, you'll get more benefit from using the FSC while running around town as you say that you drive. The FSC needs time to work, slowly, little-by-little.

For example, I never add FSC's when I am going on a long trip with the car as I would only use up the FSC on that tank of gas and then fill up again way too soon.

I don't think you need to add all those bottles. I usually give my vehicles a treat with a small bottle of Techron fuel system cleaner to about 15 gallons of gas and call it good. I would only use one bottle of any of the additives you have listed and save the others for another trip.

Are you trying to fix something or is this maintenance?

I think the fuel pump is going out in my 97 Explorer because the pump doesn't always come on and I've replaced the relay. Since replacing the relay I have fed it a concoction of chemicals because my preferred shop won't get to it until January. Techron, Berrymans fuel system cleaner, Wynn's, Marvel Mystery Oil, maybe something else I have forgotten. It started on the first turn of the key yesterday and idles really smooth now, so maybe it's working lol. Would I do this as maintenance? No. A bottle of Techron every now and then is enough for that.

Couldn't resist...
1639836124200.png

Seriously, though, I'd pick only one now, and put the other one in a the next interval. In theory it should be no different than using two different gas stations for each fill-up, but since you're adding something extra to the mix, I would stick with just one per 'dose.'

I vote for using one or the other. Save the other bottle for later.

I just pulled this from the Redline marketing sheet:

"Directions:Add entire bottle to fuel tank for quick cleanup of fuel system. For best results, use full bottle for initial fill into nearly empty tank and refuel up to 20 gallons of gasoline/petrol. For regular maintenance, use half bottle every 1,500 miles. ADD BEFORE FILLING TANK."

For what it's worth, back in the mid-oughts they said to use a full bottle and then a maintenance dose of something like 1 oz. per 5 gallons. The bottle even had ounce markings. I don't know if the formula has changed or if they realized most people beyond BITOG aren't going to fiddle around with measuring fuel additive at each fillup.

Some years ago a member here shared that they melted their in-tank filter sock from over dosing with fuel cleaner.

Use one bottle in the tank and burn it right before an oil change. Save the next bottle and use it before the next oil change. Probably makes no different which one. I'd use a system cleaner during a stop and go tank vs highway runs.

Use one bottle in the tank and burn it right before an oil change. Save the next bottle and use it before the next oil change. Probably makes no different which one. I'd use a system cleaner during a stop and go tank vs highway runs.
What do you mean by a system cleaner?

Had some water in my fuel tank and ran 2 cans of Berryman B12, no ill effects, cleaned it right up.

Back