Would you do this to your Z06?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did.
shocked.gif

-

Just to replace these 2 bearings on the aft side of the driveshaft. One is already removed in this pic.

-

All back together.

-

20 trackdays at VIR, Road Atlanta, Roebling will do that. Two of us about 5-6 hours to get it out and remove the torque tube/drive shaft. Then 4 of us to get it back in in about 4 hours. This also has to be done to change the clutch, so next time I need one I will do it myself.

No big deal.
grin.gif

What performance mods do you have done to your car?? What type of mechanical problems have you had with your car? Hopefully in 4 years, I will be in the market for a used Z06.

[ February 27, 2005, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: LT4 Vette ]

This graphically demostrates how great the Corvette Z06 platform really is! Basically you have a pretty good heads up as to what will wear and you replace the failing/ failed parts as needed!

quote:

Originally posted by LT4 Vette:
What performance mods do you have done to your car?? What type of mechanical problems have you had with your car? Hopefully in 4 years, I will be in the market for a used Z06.

You might want to get an 02-04, unless you can find out if a re-ring has been done to reduce the oil consumption on a 01. Get the VIN to a GM service dept and they should be able to look up the service records for you.

Tranny-I think some time in 03 they started using steel shifting forks instead of alum. I think most that have had warranty work done should have the steel forks now.

Re-ring, tranny repair at 20K miles. Both have been good every since.

Rear diff side seals leak on most C5s.

I broke the clutch back at 40k miles, track time did not help with this at all.

Then this.

I have different intake, Kooks LT headers with cats and a different catback (borla 2-tip)Also LS-1 edit which is a tuning program used to change all the settings to work with the mods.

I'm 380/380 at the rear wheels. Some of the 04s I have seen as high as mid 390s/380s with headers and a good tune. Just depends on who is doing the tuning.

By then you should be able to find one for a nice price.
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back