Would you do this to your Z06?

I did. [Eek!]  - Just to replace these 2 bearings on the aft side of the driveshaft. One is already removed in this pic.  - All back together.  - 20 trackdays at VIR, Road Atlanta, Roebling will do that. Two of us about 5-6 hours to get it out and remove the torque tube/drive shaft. Then 4 of us to get it back in in about 4 hours. This also has to be done to change the clutch, so next time I need one I will do it myself. No big deal. [Big Grin]

What performance mods do you have done to your car?? What type of mechanical problems have you had with your car? Hopefully in 4 years, I will be in the market for a used Z06. [ February 27, 2005, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: LT4 Vette ]

This graphically demostrates how great the Corvette Z06 platform really is! Basically you have a pretty good heads up as to what will wear and you replace the failing/ failed parts as needed!

silverz06vette

quote:
Originally posted by LT4 Vette: What performance mods do you have done to your car?? What type of mechanical problems have you had with your car? Hopefully in 4 years, I will be in the market for a used Z06.
You might want to get an 02-04, unless you can find out if a re-ring has been done to reduce the oil consumption on a 01. Get the VIN to a GM service dept and they should be able to look up the service records for you. Tranny-I think some time in 03 they started using steel shifting forks instead of alum. I think most that have had warranty work done should have the steel forks now. Re-ring, tranny repair at 20K miles. Both have been good every since. Rear diff side seals leak on most C5s. I broke the clutch back at 40k miles, track time did not help with this at all. Then this. I have different intake, Kooks LT headers with cats and a different catback (borla 2-tip)Also LS-1 edit which is a tuning program used to change all the settings to work with the mods. I'm 380/380 at the rear wheels. Some of the 04s I have seen as high as mid 390s/380s with headers and a good tune. Just depends on who is doing the tuning. By then you should be able to find one for a nice price. [Cheers!]