Would this work - used oil refining device

This certainly isn't something to try at home. The only thing I've heard of is people using waste oil heaters to legally dispose of used oil.

Got curious about this, and waste oil heaters are illegal in California and NYC. It could also be illegal in certain cities and counties.

* The EPA regulations in America allow on-site burning of waste oil.​
* NFPA #21: Oil burning equipment, allows waste oil heaters.​
* California and New York City outlaw burning of used oil.​
* Check with local fire department and ensure you inform them that units are U.L. listed.​
* No waste oil boilers are allowed in Massachusetts.​
* New Jersey requires a Permit.​

No. There may be micro contaminants that are held in suspension by the dispersants. There is probably going to be unburned fuel (a dipstick and oil change always smells faintly of that) and there's other stuff going on in there that's not perfect. A

Re-refining waste oil has been a thing for a long time. I remember Wal-Mart used to sell an API certified oil made from re-refined motor oil. But as Panda said, it's probably distilled like crude oil with the contaminants removed. The additives are going to be removed in the process and they'll use new additives.

This certainly isn't something to try at home. The only thing I've heard of is people using waste oil heaters to legally dispose of used oil. But it makes far more sense to do it at an industrial level.

FLTRR15W40G-1x1-800x800.jpg
I should have been more clear. It’s clean enough for use in an engine. It just came out of one after all.

Back