Would like opinions on oils for my 515whp Supra

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP is this the 7MGTE Supra? If so, nice...

M1 15W-50 is my first thought..

Also, FTR: Had an idiot friend with a 1989 Supra Turbo or "Turbo II" (?). HE USED TO PUT STRAIGHT 50-WEIGHT VALVOLINE ZR1 OIL IN THE CAR IN SUMMER, THEN RACED CORVETTES. Nobody would buy his car.. just sharing that the engine handle that oil VERY well.

That car used to overheat too but kept on going and had very good power.. I was impressed.

Not recommending Straight 50, just sharing.

Originally Posted By: Ama0787
Just for reference I once made it up a driveway in the snow with good year eagle gsd3 tires that a supercharged xterra could not probably driver related I got 98% up then last 2% ended up in 4-5th gear with people inserted in back seats for weight.

But yes as a rule car sees little use in winter since I bought a Subaru as a DD

Also looks like I am going with M1 15w50 for my main oil since kmart sold me so many bottles @4$

Any recomendarions on when this oil should not be used in cold? I know cuejet used in upstate NY winters which should be see more regular low temps and definaty lower extreme lows we rarely see below 20 degrees anymore

Anyone think I should stay away from the 15w50 until spring and go with M1 0w40 for winter fill? Or the M1TDT 5w40 for winter fill? Any opinions are apreciated.

I was also considering switching to the M1 0w40 in my suby year round. Replacing the RP 5w30 it has had since day one. I thought I would do on UOA before switching to the M1.

TIA,
Anthony

No this is a 2jz-gte next generation from the one you mentioned and last version we had in US

They got a vvti model in 98-02 in Japan but it never made it here some people import the whole motor or head to get the vvti which if I ever blow the motor i may do during the rebuild

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back