Worth stopping at the Rendezvous in Memphis for ribs?

Tyman,

chill out man...

Memphis isn’t my favorite town either, but there are some really outstanding things to see, eat, and do.

Getting back on topic as far as Rondevous ribs are concerned. It’s worth eating at once just for the history. My wife didn’t like it…I did.

Tyman,

chill out man...

Memphis isn’t my favorite town either, but there are some really outstanding things to see, eat, and do.

Getting back on topic as far as Rondevous ribs are concerned. It’s worth eating at once just for the history. My wife didn’t like it…I did.
All I said was avoid Memphis and then I got attacked saying people shouldn’t be able to post things because someone else thinks they shouldn’t. So I’m not really the one that needs to be chilling out. ;)

All I said was avoid Memphis and then I got attacked saying people shouldn’t be able to post things because someone else thinks they shouldn’t. So I’m not really the one that needs to be chilling out. ;)
If you’re going to be in Memphis make sure to check out Vanelli’s Deli
Been there many times! That’s actually in Germantown, an eastern suburb. Grew up in the area, and used to work around the corner from there.

Great sandwiches!

Go to Central BBQ instead.
If your going for the food.

If you just want the experience of Vergos, then go.
IIRC they don't open until 5:00pm but will let you in with a limited menu.... yes the ribs are on it.
We loved Central BBQ.

Also loved the Sun Studio tour.

I've been to Graceland too many times and refuse to return.

Memphis is a fun town.

Karaoke at Jerry Lee Lewis' place on Beale Street is quite the experience. It's not your typical drunks getting up and belting out a Donna Summer or Garth Brooks song. It's folks who may be performers in the music business hoping to get some more exposure.

I like a dry rub, have only had that kind once or twice, but I can see how a heavy dry rub would be appetizing to me. I’ll have to put that place and the others on my list. BBQ road trip??!?

Back