Worth It?

Everybody sees value in different things but I dont think any car from the days following the gas crisis will ever be truly collectable. I may be bias as I went through those times and nothing exciting in the car industry happened from 73 till the mid 80's. Chevy 350 ci 245 hp engines were reduced to the mid 100 hp in an attempt to get better gas milage and the styling, well Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Everything work? Totally rust free? Drive OK? Then yes in my opinion. I guarantee where ever you take it people will be asking you about it. You didn't steal it but you didn't drastically over pay either. If in doubt call Hagerty and ask to value the car. Is this a 2 door sedan hatchback? Look it up in NADA book. I think you'll be surprised.

Well, its a bench seat two door, with either a 262 or 305. So it's got that going for it. Which is nice... :)

Its certainly got potential for a nice hotrod.

Everybody sees value in different things but I dont think any car from the days following the gas crisis will ever be truly collectable. I may be bias as I went through those times and nothing exciting in the car industry happened from 73 till the mid 80's. Chevy 350 ci 245 hp engines were reduced to the mid 100 hp in an attempt to get better gas milage and the styling, well Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

You mean my 78 Cordoba with fine Corinthian leather is not going to be a valuable classic some day? lol! I had faith in Ricardo Montalban.

Really, I just like saying the phrase "Fine Corinthian Leather"

Yes. Surprised it's still available. It's in amazing original condition that can be preserved as-is, restored or turned into a hot rod. I'd love to see it preserved and cleaned up to as original as possible....I love survivors...especially from a model like this that was bought to be used.

Last edited:
$8k. No.
But $5.5k? Yes. It will never be worth more. Hard on the eyes too. Rare for a Nova. : (
Also looks too much like the Volare, not helping.

As with anything, an item is only worth what people are willing to pay. In the case for the NOVA, is there something special with a 1975 model year that makes them more collectible compared to other years?

Are NOVAS of any year a collectible car? I ask 'cause I don't follow and am not knowledgable of most collectible vehicle. But too, it's not $50,000 either!

1975 cars are the first year that require a cat. One of the available V8's in the 75' Nova was the 262. If it had a 350, you think that would be proudly posted in the ad. That is an excellent car to build up. Find a 350, Vortec cylinder heads, Weiand Vortec stealth airstrike intake, Eldlebrock 650 CFM carb, Lunati Voodo cam kit, headers and if room allows, yes, a 3" single exhaust. Turbo 350 with a shift kit, B&M Tork Master torque convertor, 3:42 rear end with a Detroit Locker.

I would not pay that much for that Nova. Maybe $5k. It's bassically worth what someone is willing to pay. Since its a 75, it's got anti- pollution devices which makes it less desirable. I would prefer cars before converters were factory installed on them. I don't know how that Nova is equipt but if there are aftermarket products installed to enhance performance, the value takes a hit. Originality is what helps the value best.

Anemic V8 engine and dry rotted suspension bushings means a ten year old Corolla is more fun and comfortable to drive. Not to mention cheaper and more reliable. Maybe cars out west are worth more, but I can't see getting more than $2500 for it, nor paying more than $1500 to buy it just to relive the old days for a little while. I can see the paint peeling in many places, and as soon as you start driving it, it's going to start leaking fluids from the engine, transmission, power steering, water pump with all the gaskets and seals that have shrunk from infrequent use. To make it a reliable and nice daily, expect to dump $5,000 into it right off the bat unless you're just looking for a beater.

If someone is willing to pay 8K for it, then someone thinks it is worth 8K.
Otherwise, it's not.

I hate Novas
My brothers was a 74 and he lent it to a friend and 4 were killed in it with one survivor. We mistakenly got a call he was killed as well. I was 15 then and I will never forget the look and smell of that car and the funerals I attended.

That said these can sell even in stock condition for big money.
One full blown custom here under contract.

Back