Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently using Pennzoil YB 5w-20 with a 4000 OCI on 2007 Jeep 3.7.
Plan i keeping the vehicle for a long while and was wondering if it would be worth it/extend life of engine at all if I switched to the Napa Synthetic. Or is it a total waste....I realize i could extend my OCI's but any other difference in engine life?

Hard to beat the $12/13 I pay for the YB. But the NAPA ad caught my eye and they seem to have it on sale every few months.

Nope. YB 5W-20 and 4-5k OCI's will get the engine to last far longer than you realize you want it to. If you're comfortable with this routine, stick to it. If you're willing, stretch your OCI to 5k. Will save you a bit of $$$, and still be well within the 'safe' range.

Use the Napa in the cooler months / winter for better flow and quicker startup protection and use the YB in the warmer weather. Both are excellent oils though! The YB can go 5K OCI and the Syn can go at least 7K IMO.

That's a good engine if looked after and should give you quite a bit of trouble free driving
wink.gif

StevieC nailed it...if you don't mind getting grease under your nails and inspecting your grease points on a regular basis his plan is good to go.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Use the Napa in the cooler months / winter for better flow and quicker startup protection and use the YB in the warmer weather. Both are excellent oils though! The YB can go 5K OCI and the Syn can go at least 7K IMO.

That's a good engine if looked after and should give you quite a bit of trouble free driving
wink.gif

+1. Stevie is right on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back