Worth changing it out early ? 5w20 to 5w30

Arite . Let it roll . I check the oil and it’s at full mark and super clean . Kinda hard to drain it lol . But I always want to run 5w30 on these 5.0 or 5.4l 3v .

Unless you are routinely running to Montana in the winter with it, step up to the plate and roll a 10w-30 when you do change it. ;)

Got free oil change from the dealer a month ago on my 2011 f150 5.0l . They use 5w20 what ever brand it’s . Anyway it’s like 500 miles on it .

Next weekend imma doing some towing . I need tow a truck 800 miles trip . 800 miles back with empty trailer . 1600 miles total . I been want put 5w30 on it .

thinking try new oil Quaker state full synthetic HM 5w30 with motorcraft FL500s oil filter
Will you be traversing any mountain passes or steep elevation? I see you are in the Great State of Texas! Keep the 20. Have a safe trip!

Got free oil change from the dealer a month ago on my 2011 f150 5.0l . They use 5w20 what ever brand it’s . Anyway it’s like 500 miles on it .

Next weekend imma doing some towing . I need tow a truck 800 miles trip . 800 miles back with empty trailer . 1600 miles total . I been want put 5w30 on it .

thinking try new oil Quaker state full synthetic HM 5w30 with motorcraft FL500s oil filter
Sure! Since the dealer change was free you can think of it as a short interval "rinse", and put your planned oil in for the trip.

Or "better safe than sorry" or "it's cheap insurance" ?
This is the forum fallacy quite frankly. Changing it early will not make his motor last any longer. Many with OCD on here and many dollars wasted doing "BITOG early money flush".

My motor in my Silverado should have blown up months ago using 0w/20 and towing up 8,000 foot mountain passes. You know-the "thick vs. thin" fallacy.........is another one.

Unknown bulk oil?

I'd spike it with a bottle of one of the below, and just run it for your normal interval:

Unknown bulk oil?

I'd spike it with a bottle of one of the below, and just run it for your normal interval:
Only oil go into my engine . Nothing else .

back then around 2008 I use to use luqid moly .... engine restore ....

Over the years . Oil is good now . No need additive . Some time add addictive can cause effect how your oil performing .

Only oil go into my engine . Nothing else .

back then around 2008 I use to use luqid moly .... engine restore ....

Over the years . Oil is good now . No need additive . Some time add addictive can cause effect how your oil performing .
5w20 synthetic is stout and all you need you don’t need a 30wt

*I read once where if you just tool around town in a non - turbo vehicle , never exceeding 4000 RPM, run a normal load on the interstate at sustained 65 - 70 MPH then an oil with 2.6 to 2.7 cSt rated oil was sufficient (5W20) . If you run a turbo or exceed any of the previous parameters then you are looking at needing a 3.0 ~3.2 cSt (5W30) or higher cSt rated oil .

*I read once where if you just tool around town in a non - turbo vehicle , never exceeding 4000 RPM, run a normal load on the interstate at sustained 65 - 70 MPH then an oil with 2.6 to 2.7 cSt rated oil was sufficient (5W20) . If you run a turbo or exceed any of the previous parameters then you are looking at needing a 3.0 ~3.2 cSt (5W30) or higher cSt rated oil .
Thats in the ballpark. My highway runs are often 75-85 and I often bust 5k on climbs and acceleration. Periodic But not frequent towing, more likely to be under load off-road.
I just run 30 and 40wts. lately I have been goi G through all my other maintenance itemail that are more important.
Spark plugs and brake evaluation done(used shop), with 8mm left at 60k.
differentials got the fluid ordered crushnwashers. Need to evaluate suitsbilty for transfer case. This is DIY for me.
transmission fluid, will probably hire this out. My time has value and this one will be a time sink with my procedural ocd.
that should set me up for another 60k Runnning 5w30, 10w30 or 0w40 the entire time.

Millions of Ford Escape Ecoboosts are driving around with Turbo's and 5W20.

Back