Worst Oil related Products, ones you would NOT use!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has favorites.

I've seen tons of topics on oil related items that people love and strongly indorse.

For example I find products like Schaeffer Motor Oil or Kano Kroil for rusty parts to be really top shelf products.

But how about a list of products YOU WOULD NEVER USE!

Products that you feel are all Hype! Maybe fuel gadgets, filters, additives etc.

I'd really like to see a list this board with all it's knowledge thinks one should...

"STAY AWAY FROM".

Denny2w

Nothing!
Muahahahaha
grin.gif

anything that you can drive around a racetrack with no oil or that you can drain the oil and squirt water in an idling engine.
also nothing that includes grungy junk yard workers telling me now much better their junk cars run.

CD2, Slick 50, Warren-Unilube Oil, Re-Reformulated oil, Turtle Wax products, Quaker State/Pennzoil, Fram oil filters, Mexican AC Delcos, Auto RX, Texaco-Citgo-Chevron gas.

An oil drain pan made from recylced plastic, has 4 needle and clips to hold 4 1-qt oil bottles. When you finished the drain, just tilt your pan with the 4 bottles clipped and...

...the clip failed and all 4 bottles of used oil fail to the ground, flooding the garage with used oil...

The place I bought it gave it to me for free as they couldn't get rid of them. I was stupid enough to try using it.

quote:

CD2, Slick 50, Warren-Unilube Oil, Re-Reformulated oil, Turtle Wax products, Quaker State/Pennzoil, Fram oil filters, Mexican AC Delcos, Auto RX, Texaco-Citgo-Chevron gas.

What's wrong w/ Quaker State/Pennzoil?
confused.gif

What's wrong w/ RX?
confused.gif

quote:

An oil drain pan made from recylced plastic, has 4 needle and clips to hold 4 1-qt oil bottles. When you finished the drain, just tilt your pan with the 4 bottles clipped and...

...the clip failed and all 4 bottles of used oil fail to the ground, flooding the garage with used oil...

The place I bought it gave it to me for free as they couldn't get rid of them. I was stupid enough to try using it.

Shoot. You don't want it? Gee I'm going to San Francisco tomorrow, where is this store that's giving it away for free?

I am very leary of products like Energy Release that claim you can put it in every fluid system, oil, tranny, rear end, power steering, and brake fluid IIRC.

quote:

Anything added to otherwise properly formulated oil.

Is an oil properly formulated if it has formulation restrictions due to CAFE requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back