Worst cup of coffee you've ever had

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stuff that we are subjected to here in my office (MH Master Blend) is truly nasty. I don't know if it can get much worse than this stuff. Gotta have my caffeine, though.
wink.gif

So....What is the worst coffee you have ever drank (or tried to drink)?

That stuff they used to sell especially in the South, blended with chickory. Instants are universally foul, but especially Sanka, you dont even get the buzz. I dont understand how instant outsells regular coffee in Europe, when they "supposedly" have more sophisticated tastes than us Americans.

Any coffee sold in any restaurant or truck stop on or near I-94 in North Dakota at any point between the Montana and Minnesota borders. We've lived in the Helena, Montana, area for 24 years and are from Minnesota. We drive back to Minnesota just about every year. We've NEVER had a cup of coffee in the area mentioned above that wasn't so weak it looked like whiskey and you could hardly taste any coffee flavor. Its not fit to drink. I don't know why we keep buying it. Really weird.

I was in a Day's Inn with continental breakfast.

The maid came in, noted the coffee was empty, and ran another pot full of water through the used grounds and filter.

That's the worst I've ever seen which is a stretch, as I didn't "have" any.

Most of the diners, specially around NY never or hardly ever bother to clean the Bunn O Matic machines resulting in very acidic taste, also the Vassilerous Greek brand coffee they use don't really make it any easier on them as it has strong inherently acidic taste.

my dads! he was a ww2 veteran, and drank nothing but the 'chock full of nuts" brand. i thought the coffee in itself was quite tasty when made by me..lol, but to him, a cup of coffee was just that. no sugar, no creamer, triple strength. i swear his coffee pot and cup could'a used a auto rx treatment. you could have chipped the stuff off the bottom of his favorite cup. dishwashing detergent had nil effect on that stuff. he considered that a well "seasoned" cup, and also prevented anyone else from making the mistake of using his holy grail of coffee cups!
biggthumbcoffe.gif

With the notable exception of Hawaiian Airlines, Lion brand coffee is very good.

"...cup could'a used a auto rx treatment. you could have chipped the stuff off the bottom of his favorite cup. dishwashing detergent had nil effect on that stuff. he considered that a well "seasoned" cup, and also prevented anyone else from making the mistake of using his holy grail of coffee cups!"

That sounds like the cup I have at work.

thanks johnny for the cheers to my dad. he passed several yrs ago, and i still miss him..bad. the coffee, on the other hand...lol! actualy, the everyday stuff we quaff is the eight o' clock. smooth. on special occasions, we either do the starbucks yukon blend of the sulawesi indonesian, of those two, i prefer the yukon blend. we tend to drink our coffee on the weaker side, and when using the sulawesi, we almost cut the recomended about by half!

The worst for me would be coffee that I had at a wedding reception that I was invited to. Any coffee that has less than a tablespoon per cup of water tastes absolutely bitter to me. I can't stand sugar in my coffee and it seems that people who put sugar in their coffee are the people who brew their coffee without using enough ground beans(please be ground at least within the month). That said I am more of a fan of espresso, and the worst espresso that I have had was when somebody at a Starbucks didn't tamp the grounds properly and the water must have channeled it's way through the same path through the grounds making an excrutiating coffee, which was fixed by speaking with the manager who made me new coffee.

Any Starbucks. Why anyone would drink such overly cooked bean coffee is beyond me. And then to pay that price?

And yes...I am a huge coffee drinker. I will drink airline...motel...and even wedding coffee.

Truck stop coffee, anywhere. Too weak. Anytime you can see through it, it ain't coffee. Best to travel with some Nescafe or other instant to add to that heated dishwater.

7/11 coffee, denny's coffee (nice dishwater taste, mmmm) anything not made by me pretty much....starbucks is ok, i used to go there and pay $12 for a venti espresso....yeah, entire cup filled with espresso shots, can't count how many times they warned me about how they aren't responsible if i go into cardiac arrest etc... whatever...

The worst cup of coffee that I have ever tasted came out of one of those coffee vending machines, I drank that stuff for a week while my wife was in the hospital having our daughter. I am a big coffee drinker, I like it strong and with chickory and any coffee made at my house is good as the pot is cleaned weekly and only distilled water is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back