Worst cup of coffee you've ever had

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by 97f150:
.....any coffee made at my house is good as the pot is cleaned weekly and only distilled water is used.

You brew your coffee with distilled water? What's the theory behind doing that?

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:

quote:

Originally posted by 97f150:
.....any coffee made at my house is good as the pot is cleaned weekly and only distilled water is used.

You brew your coffee with distilled water? What's the theory behind doing that?

No impurities in the water. I became paranoid after selling water purifacation filters and decided to only use distilled or spring water, since than my coffee and anything my wife or I cook tastes better. The decision to use this water only came after I requested an "ingrediant" sheet from my local water company and they would not provide one, it is illegal for them to refuse, so they just kept making excuses and wanting to know why I wanted one and what not. I did however accuire a chemical analysis from a neighboring water company (water is treated from same body of water) and the top chemical on the list was benzene, not to mention that I dont like having any ingrediants in my drinking water besides H2O, not a 7 page list. Anyhow, if you are currently using tap water, try making a few pots using spring or filtered water.

I'll try using the over-priced filtered tap water that the grocery store sells in gallon jugs, labeled "drinking water".

I'm scared of drinking distilled water, but I don't know why.
dunno.gif
Must be the fact that I use that with anti-freeze, & well.............
wink.gif

My work coffee is pretty bad. Airline coffee is way up there as one of the worst as well. Lately, after getting used to espresso, pretty much all coffee from a regular drip-type coffee makers tastes like crap to me.

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:
I'll try using the over-priced filtered tap water that the grocery store sells in gallon jugs, labeled "drinking water".

I'm scared of drinking distilled water, but I don't know why.
dunno.gif
Must be the fact that I use that with anti-freeze, & well.............
wink.gif

Nothing to be scared of drinking distilled water, its just water in its puriest form. Distilled water has no taste and people think that water is supposed to have a taste so the bottled water companies put certain things in water to give it a "taste". The reason that distilled water is supposed to be used with antifreeze is to eliminate electroylisis. Contrary to popular belief, water dosent conduct electricity, the impurities in water do. We used to use a test light that plugged into the wall to prove this, it wont light up with distilled water but it will make a complete circuit with tap water.

The pot of coffee I made at work today
pat.gif

Part tap water, part water cooler water, 6 scoops of kroger brand coffee... I thought I was going to puke when I tasted it
crushedcar.gif

My last work place's coffee. My boss bought in some discount coffee and double dose in our machine, then let it burnt out in the pot. That's why I usually drank instant powder stuff from Nestle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back